NOX Sensors W205 C220 BlueTEC Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonoF1amg

Car
Mercedes C220 BlueTEC Sport
Hi
During a long motorway run my engine diagnostic light came on after getting some advice I booked the car into my local Mercedes dealership. After further investigation it was determined one of the two NOX sensors was faulty on the exhaust. This was replaced under warranty as the car is just over 2 years old and has done 20,000 miles.
Well all was well for a week until again while on the motorway the engine diagnostic light popped on again I was not happy!
Again it was booked back into Mercedes and they discovered that the other NOX sensor had failed so this was then replaced!
Apparently there is a down stream and up stream sensor.
They are not cheap and retail at £312 each then there is the labour costs so had it not been in warranty you would be looking at a cost of around £1000.

Has anybody else experienced this problem with the W205 would be interested to hear from any other members?

Regards

JonoF1amg

I had one replaced last Friday at MB Carlisle under warranty. Same as you, light came on during driving. TBH the car didn't behave any differently.

I didn't know it was so expensive.

Car is 212 E220

I had one replaced last Friday at MB Carlisle under warranty. Same as you, light came on during driving. TBH the car didn't behave any differently.

I didn't know it was so expensive.

Car is 212 E220

Presumably, their purpose is to control the injection of AdBlue so may well not significantly affect the car's running?

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom