NTG 2.5 Firmware update procedure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wongl

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180CDI, B200d, C300h, SLK250
A fellow member of this forum has a NTG 2.5 from a 2008 car that is in need of a firmware update before he can update the maps.

I have a star computer (version 2010) and I managed to source a firmware update disk for the NTG 2.5 from a dealership in Germany.

Question is, what is the correct procedure to update the NTG 2.5 firmware? Is it true that the firmware update disk version must match the version of Star I am running? If so how can I tell?

I am hoping to get some answers so that fellow forum member can decide whether to cancel his booking with MB dealership to update his firmware or not.

Thanks in advance.

You can't do it without a Star Diagnosis with a working ONLINE connection and a mercedes login. I.E genuine supported machine.

Otherwise Star Diagnosis can't check what disk should be installed, and it can't SCN code it at the end. (and in this case, if it isn't SCN coded then you'll lose some of the functions and won't get the new functions such as ECO route)

Cheers

Richard

ps, and yes, update disks are matched to releases of Star Diagnosis, and the way to find out is when it asks for the disk with part number xxx xxx xxx xxx

Richard

Thanks for the info Richard. I don't have access to an online version of Star so it looks like I will not be able to help fellow forum member to update his firmware.

BTW, for anyone doing firmware updates you must put the car on a stable charger (we use one that supplies 14.4V specifically for flash programming). Voltage dips during flashing = very bad news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom