NTG 2.5 SD card compatibility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jacksona

Car
2014 SL 350 AMG Sport, Cavansite Blue, Porcelain Leather
Hi All,

I've searched the forums, and been unable to find a definitive answer to what size, format and type of SD cards are compatible with NTG 2.5, with the latest (09/29) firmware... :wallbash:

I gather this firmware allows "larger than 2gb", which implies FAT32 is an acceptable format? Will it work with SDHC cards? What is the maximum size allowed now?

Does anyone have a clear answer to this? I need to format on my Macbook (no Windows), and only have 32gb SDHC cards.

Thanks,

Adam.

Hi All,

I've searched the forums, and been unable to find a definitive answer to what size, format and type of SD cards are compatible with NTG 2.5, with the latest (09/29) firmware... :wallbash:

I gather this firmware allows "larger than 2gb", which implies FAT32 is an acceptable format? Will it work with SDHC cards? What is the maximum size allowed now?

Does anyone have a clear answer to this? I need to format on my Macbook (no Windows), and only have 32gb SDHC cards.

Thanks,

Adam.

32GB max, FAT32.

Use a decent brand as some dont work at all! I find Sandisk work well.

32GB max, FAT32.

Use a decent brand as some dont work at all! I find Sandisk work well.

I've tried 4gb SDHC unknown make, 8gb Sony and 8gb Sandisk and none of these work, however, a 2gb Sandisk works fine, is compatibility firmware dependent by any chance?

Yeah, you need the latest firmware to go larger than 2gb.

Also when you format use DOSfat.

Then use an app to clean up all the hidden .ds files otherwise the car will see them all and it is a pain.

Download Hidden Cleaner for Mac | MacUpdate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom