NTG 2.5 won't eject or load CDs

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by fast_eddie, Jan 2, 2012.

1. fast_eddie

fast_eddie Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E280 CDI
    Hi all,

A quick question to those who know these things: I loaded a commercial CD into the NTG 2.5 (6-DVD changer in the head unit) today, first time in a while.

It did not recognize the CD, but shows slot 1 occupied. Try and eject it, it does not come out but then shows slot 1 as empty.

Does anyone know a solution or is it a case of going to the dealer and assuming the position? Whatever about mechanical work, I have little faith with franchise dealers looking at MB electronics.

Thanks,
    Eddie

2. richard

richard Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    MY04 SL55, MY18 GLC63s
    As its probably still under warranty (I have assumed Ireland gets 3 year warranties) - i'd take it back to the dealer - they'll probably just replace the whole unit.

If you are in the mood, you could try removing the fuse for 30 seconds - the fusemap is probably in the fusebox behind the panel at the end of the dashboard, I thnk on the drivers end in the W211

R

RIchard

3. OP
    OP
    fast_eddie

fast_eddie Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E280 CDI
    Many thanks Richard, unfortunately only 2 yr warranty over here - but it is a UK car originally so I could probably head up to Nor'n Iron if it's a warranty fix.

Happy New Year to all in Comand land!

cheers,
    Eddie

Tags: