NTG 4.5 Map Download - Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oddie

Car
W204 C220 Sport
Morning all. I've just had a replacement NTG 4.5 installed and coded to overcome the anti theft protection warning, works great now but the Navi doesn't work as it complains that the map data doesn't match the Comand version. Having done some reading online, I believe there's a chance I can download the maps that are already installed on my car and simply insert an SD with the exact same maps and have the system re install the maps without asking for a pin. Trouble is, I don't know how to ascertain what maps version I have at the moment as I can't get into the nav screen. I have downloaded Comand download manager but the only map It shows me for NTG 4.5 is v19, is there anywhere I can download older version of the maps from? Cheers

Comandonline can assist.
Call Mark or Richard
01276 451579

NTG 4.5 map mismatch fix: Download Manager likely only shows latest v19. Investigate online forums for alternative download sources of older map versions matching your Comand. Some suggest extracting specific files from existing DVDs or locating user-compiled collections. Avoid pirated content and ensure compatibility with your system before attempting manual map installation. Good luck!

You will need to buy a licence. The map that is on your system is licenced to the VIN for the car it came from. so no map is enabled, so there's no way to even re-install the map that is on the HDD without a licence key for that map matching the current VIN.

Richard

Just bite the bullet, and buy the latest version of the maps with the correct PIN code for your car's VIN.

Reloading the same version won't work without a valid PIN for your VIN. You can reapply the same version only if a valid PIN is already stored in the COMAND system (which in your case, it wouldn't be). And, as you said, you can't even tell which is the current version of the maps so this isn't an option anyway.

Just buy the maps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom