NTG causing such confusion!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kubi

Car
W204 cdi Sport & W164 ML 320
Hi,

My 2005 ML has (I think) an NTG2 command unit. It has buttons down each side of the screen and the telephone answer buttons are below the screen.

Is this an NTG2?? In the serv settings it has blue tooth and I can't get into the engineers menu using the system, Lang.mand three button combo listed on the commandonline website.

I am hoping to fit a rear view camera to it and wanted to see if I could find the activation in the engineers menu.

I was also surprised to find a,blue tooth option in there? I thought that was only available on the NTG2.5?? It could see my iphone5 but could not connect to it for some reason......

As always any and all advice greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Kubi

Its NTG2. If you see bluetooth there, then you have the optional UHI phone system and car is before about 2007. But its bluetooth for connecting a headset only (for privacy calls) and it caused confusion so they deleted it around 2007

Not all ML comand units are built with the Green Fakra video input. Initially all ML ones were, then they created a version without (cost savings ...) which you got if you didn't factory order camera or TV. Yours is early enough its very likely its got the green Fakra

Richard

Hiya,

Thanks that's great. That explains why my phone wouldn't connect to it!

I whipped the unit out and thankfully it does have the green fakra plug on the back. It has the pre wiring for the phone in the glove box so I am going to order the Bluetooth adaptor from commandonline.

Any idea how to get into the engineers menu. There was good instruction on the commandonline site but I couldn't get it to work. Any tips?

Thanks very much

Matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom