NTG1 Navigation DVD drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GordonTarling

MB Enthusiast
Car
2007 E63 AMG V8 Estate
The DVD drive/nav unit in the rear of my 211 has been playing up for a while now, despite me having stripped it down to clean the lens etc. A new one is out of the question on cost, but I have found a used one at a breakers for a reasonable sum. The only slight problem is that the one on offer is a totally different part number to my existing one, so would anyone know if they're all interchangeable, or do I need to have a drive unit with identical part number?

The DVD drive/nav unit in the rear of my 211 has been playing up for a while now, despite me having stripped it down to clean the lens etc. A new one is out of the question on cost, but I have found a used one at a breakers for a reasonable sum. The only slight problem is that the one on offer is a totally different part number to my existing one, so would anyone know if they're all interchangeable, or do I need to have a drive unit with identical part number?

We can do you a deal on a new one at £950 vs £3000 from MB or a good used one at £500 with warranty.

So long as the part number starts A211 you should be fine but..... You may well need a new navigation disk. If the drive you buy has had a newer disk in than you have then you will need that disk or newer.

Thanks for your response Alfie. I'm afraid the prices you're quoting would almost double the value of the car. :)

The part number on offer is A211 870 10 05 001, so by your reckoning it should work. What's bothering me slightly is that the part number of the one currently installed in my car is A220 870 35 89 002 so perhaps the original was replaced sometime before I bought the car. I'm OK with getting a new disk if neccessary - the maps could use an update anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom