NTG1 new maps compatibility?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MORGANpl

Car
Mercedes W212 E350 AMG Bluetec Night Edition Premium Plus
Just got for my wife e320 07 plate. It has the NTG1 and 07 maps. I would like to buy the new v17 and my question is. Would I have to update the NTG1 first for the new maps to work or will they work fine? Thanks

If it's anything like NTG2 (which I acknowledge it might not be), it will automatically apply any updates to the firmware at the same time. - I went from V6.1 to V17 in one go using a genuine Mercedes disc.

I suspect it's when you're trying to use some knock-off copy on a burnt disc that it won't update or requires incremental updating with successive versions.

If it's anything like NTG2 (which I acknowledge it might not be), it will automatically apply any updates to the firmware at the same time. - I went from V6.1 to V17 in one go using a genuine Mercedes disc.

I suspect it's when you're trying to use some knock-off copy on a burnt disc that it won't update or requires incremental updating with successive versions.
I want use genuine Mercedes disc v17. So I should be fine with my NTG1

Sometimes when you try and update too many years at one time it needs an interim update before it will work.
But, having said that if it doesn't need them, all will be well. If not just buy/borrow a genuine older version to update first.

I updated from version 4 to 16 last year with no problems,the disk was a Mercedes one,but I bought it on ebay,they do turn up,but of course you pay around £90 for it ,look for the vendor who will also update the car for you,if you travel to around the Luton area,this gives you confidence to buy,I used it and sold it on,a shame the mercedes disks are such a rip off,also even with version 17 on your car the satnav will be way behind a £80 Garmin one,still all part of the joy of owning a mercedes.

You are absolutely correct here.

the genuine Mercedes disks contain the necessary firmware to go straight to the latest versions. Using a copy has, in my experience of these over the years, caused problems where the update only partially loads and youa re left with a useless piece of metal for a nav drive. Mercedes RRP for that part is £3,000! Worth the risk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom