NTG1 Sat Nav discs...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some time ago I bought off of Ebay a NTG1 disc. It did not look like a copy, came in a proper box and it worked straight away, however there were several occasions when it stopped working and came up with errors. Once after it stopped working, I got totally lost in Milton Keynes, of all places.!
Anyway, after that escapade, I bought a new disc fom Command on Line, it was expensive, but so far has not yet stopped working or come up with any errors. i am sure there is a moral to this, probably "You pays your money and you takes your choice ".

Steve.

I got the latest available in 2014 from the dealer for £99.

After the firmware update I noticed it did some minor cool things like warning me via audio to take care driving across a car park, think I was at the Trafford centre at the time.

Nothing significant in the firmware from the 2009 version that was in there before though and still all works well if slightly dated.

I read you can only make updates within 4 years of each other to. So you can't jump from 2008 to 2018.

Going against thr grain, I've used a copied disk for over 2 years with no issues apart from 'loading navigation' once a month or so, a switch off/on again fixes it.

Same here, been downloading and burning a fresh one each July/August time when the new ones come out for the five and a half years I've had her. No issues aside from the occasional one you've had which is generally a sign the disc is slowly failing so just run off another copy or the new if out.

Not going to shell out for an official one as Google Maps and others are much better for free so if the drive does die I'm not going to lose much sleep. May even use that as an excuse to rip it out and put an Android Auto compatible one in there.

t's very important to use slow burnt, high quality media to avoid the kind of issues that do cause problems and may have thought twice if it was one of the versions with the drive built into the head unit as they will naturally run much hotter.

Not condoning it but am emphatic you should never pay money for a copy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom