NTG2 Parrot Bluetooth fitting - any extra cables needed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moodi

Car
CLS55
Hi all,

Looking to fit my Parrot bluetooth kit (from an older car) to my X164 with NTG2. Does it need any extra cables or is it a plug and play? I think I may need a quadlock to ISO adapter, but just checking I don't need any other cables? Saw mention to an "SOT" whatever that means.

Appreciated in advance!

As you car/stereo does not use standard ISO connections it will need a SOT lead. SOT is a "sound on top" lead. It goes between the car's wiring and the head unit, and provides power to the Parrot (as an ISO power plug) and speaker break out (male and female ISO speaker connectors) so it can interrupt the speakers and supply sound. You will need to find an ignition switched power feed to connect to the SOT lead too on Mercedes NTG2

Richard

PS, SOT-976 (just google it) will work. You have to remember to move the 12 pin sub connectors and fibre in the quad lock to the new plug. And find a switched power lead.

R

PS, SOT-976 (just google it) will work. You have to remember to move the 12 pin sub connectors and fibre in the quad lock to the new plug. And find a switched power lead.

R

Thank you very much! For a switched power lead do you mean 12v ignition?

And is the 12 pin sub connector just a swap over easy?

Yes and Yes ! Can get 12v ignition from cigarette lighter of course
R

R

Purchased!

Yes and Yes ! Can get 12v ignition from cigarette lighter of course
R

Any recommendations on the gauge of wire to use for that 12v? 1mm2 16amp?

Put a fuse where you connect the wire hanging off the SOT lead to the thick wire on the lighter socket. The lighter socket is 15 or 20A, so use a 5A fuse as the wire on the SOT lead is thin.
R

use where you connect the wire hanging off the SOT lead to the thick wire on the lighter socket. The lighter socket is 15 or 20A, so use a 5A fuse as the wire on the SOT lead is thin.
R

Thanks. Will probably use an inline fuse or tap off the fuse box with a piggy back adapter. I'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom