NTG3 latest maps/software? Viseeo MB4 question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smak85

Car
2009 59 S Class 320cdi
hi all

I'm pretty new to the MB scene sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

I've recently bought an S Class and wanted to upgrade the maps on my car. I've been reading a little but not sure where the best place to get these from and if I need an activation key? I believe I have an NTG3 system.

also - I've recently bought a VISEEO MB4 off eBay. plugged it in and the green LED comes on but the screen dosnt. any idea why this may be? I contacted the seller and he said it needs charging?

Thanks in advance!

Get your map discs/updates from Comandonline, best prices for genuine discs.

The MB4 doesn't require charging AFAIK, it takes it's power from the car. Should be plug and play. Again Comanonline should be able to help.

thanks for the reply @whitenemesis got the MB4 sorted in the end was just a loose connection.

Thanks for the tip on the maps will check it out

does anyone know how to check what maps/firmware my current ntg3 system has?

Thanks

Thanks

I'm afraid you need either the diagnosis tool or a maps update DVD. Comand tells the current maps version and the version on the update DVD when the update DVD is inserted.

Thanks
Firmware is via star diagnosis but map version is via expanding the Navi option and there should be a map version option at the bottom. Are you sure it's ntg3? Could it be 3.5?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Well I run a 57 reg W221 and I have 3.0 they changed to 3.5 around May 2009 so you should have with a 59 reg that one fitted.

I'm pretty sure mine is an NTG3 @Riva811 @zipdip as mine isn't the facelift model. I've put a snap of it below (not the best pic - car is currently in the workshop and that's a picture from the for sale ad)

Attachments

• remote (13).jpeg
    remote (13).jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 6
I'm pretty sure mine is an NTG3 @Riva811 @zipdip as mine isn't the facelift model. I've put a snap of it below (not the best pic - car is currently in the workshop and that's a picture from the for sale ad)
Unfortunately the models look identical. If its pretty 60 reg then definitely ntg3.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Well it looks just like mine,if you have a 3.0 then you can find genuine nav disks on ebay you even find them on here as well as once you have used them you might as well sell them on,when I updated my car I was warned it can take a while so have the car running,because the W221 is a cow for saying it will switch things off to save battery,I just looked on ebay and there seems to be a disk for £22 but it says up to 05/09 as I wrote May 2009 was when 3.5 came in,the seller also says it can take 1 hour to load,mine took around 45 mins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom