NTG4.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Momeza1

Car
Mercedes Benz
Hi guys,

i got W212 65 plate, i bought the sat nav update from navigationupdate.co.uk.

when i put the usb in, the prompt for the update does not come up, been waiting in the car for 1 hour. Anyone help?

tried going back to seller and even he is confused!

It's 4.5, which means it needs a PIN from the MB mainframe specific to your car's VIN, only MB main dealers and certain indies like comand.co.uk that have the correct software and access can generate the PIN. After that it's the DVD's (not heard of a USB update method for 4.5) which will ask for the PIN.

Call Alfie (Mark) or Richard at comand.co.uk, they'll put you right - and stay away from aftermarket pirate map updates if you don't want to brick your Comand system!!

The guys given me a pin, so i just need a disk? Is that what you’re saying?

You normally buy the update disc and buy the pin also

I got the disk, its basically on a usb flash drive. But when I put the usb in, nothing comes up, there is no prompt to update it

It's pirated/copied software, search on here or Google about the problems this can cause - earlier systems you can sometimes get away with it (from what I've seen, that's with systems where the map disc stays in the CD drive, not where the map stuff is loaded to your HDD). I'm lucky to have NTG4 in my S204 where you can use second user DVD's as you do not need a VIN specific PIN, but even so I will only use genuine MB DVD's not the much cheaper pirate stuff - bricking the Comand is a £2k mistake!

If you want chapter and verse, talk to comand.co.uk as they know more about MB satnav than MB main dealers and even (as I've found) than MB CS!!

The USB flash drive that you were sent might be faulty, but this is not an issue.

The contents of the disc or USB flash drive can be downloaded from the Internet for free - it's available online directly from MB.

All you really need from seller is the PIN code, which will be unique to your car's VIN. If you have that, then download the maps update from MB, write it to a new USB flash drive, and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom