NTG4 Engineering Menu Access

davidfsc

I recently bought a W204 fitted with an NTG4 command. I managed to enter the engineering menu by depressing the phone hang-up, 1 & # keys simultaneously. Changed the region setting from Japan to ECE and managed to get the radio tuner frequency range working.

Exited the menu, tested the tuner & it was working fine. However, when i wanted to re-enter the engineering menu again by depressing the same 3 keys, it wouldn't access the engineering menu anymore. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Would appreciate advise on this problem.

Thanks

Simon_M

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mini & Porsche
Nope, but then I am scared to change anything in there.

Out of curiosity, why did you change it?

OP
OP
D

davidfsc

Nope, but then I am scared to change anything in there.

Out of curiosity, why did you change it?
The car is from Japan & the FM frequency range is limited between 80 ~ 90Mhz whereas in Malaysia the range is 80 ~ 107Mhz thus missing out on lots of stations. That's y the need to change.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 C200CDI Estate
May be that the engineering menu permits free access several times on initial install to set up regional settings etc. It may then require a different code or Mercedes STAR to change it??

alexis.jones

Car
C320 CDI Sport
Instead of hang up 1 and #, now your should be pickup 1 and #

cvchua

Car
C200K Avantgarde-S
Heaps of thanks. Worked like a charm & for all those following this, remember to reset the "remaining changes" in case u get locked out for good!!

Attention about w204 engineering menu(REMAINING CHANGES RESET) - MBWorld.org Forums
bro davidfsc,

i tried the setting and also managed to change the frequency range to malaysia range.

But the display on screen seems in disarray with 3 submenu such as "preset", "sound" and "FM" not visible. And i can manual tune the frequency and it seems only display preset channel...

Yours the same?

bobven

Car
W204 C200 CGI Avantgarde
Dear Friends..

After starting the engine, I tried to press Hangup, 1 and # keys... It didnt go in to the menu? Am I doing anything wrong?

Newbie here... advise appreciated

bernardtee

Car
W204 C-Class 2009 Japan Spec
bro davidfsc,

i tried the setting and also managed to change the frequency range to malaysia range.

But the display on screen seems in disarray with 3 submenu such as "preset", "sound" and "FM" not visible. And i can manual tune the frequency and it seems only display preset channel...

Yours the same?
Facing the same problem here...
any help please??
much appreciated

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55, MY18 GLC63s
Hold down all 3 for about 10 seconds.
You can destroy your Comand from these menus.
R

tming77

Car
Mercedes W204 C200
so? can W204 Facelift using the same comand to change the radio freq?

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55, MY18 GLC63s
NTG4.5 (Japan) needs changing to NTG4.5 Euro to get Euro frequencies and Euro maps. Doing this in a way that it won't break in the future and able to get a map pin for Europe is far from trivial.

Richard

550exo

Car
S212 350CDI 2010
Instead of hang up 1 and #, now your should be pickup 1 and #
Good day, dear! Thanks to your post, I was able to repair my comand ntg4 even Mercedes dealer in my town, as well as spices in Germany could not solve my problem with blocked tsomand throughout the week! Thank you and good luck!:thumb:
Sorry for bad english

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55, MY18 GLC63s
Hi,

I have changed the region from Japan to ECE and the Radio is blocked, see attachment, any clue guys?
Yup, the unit thinks it is in the wrong car. I've seen this on USA units and assumed it was because the VIN format is different in USA - I guess it is more than that !!

Merc dealer should be able to unlock it with online Xentry and the PIN code that is stored against the data-card

Richard

salman002

Car
CLA180
thank you,

but can I revert the region back? how can i get access to the Engineering Menu again?

the dealer is puzzled with this error!

salman002

Car
CLA180
Can't I revert back the settings? or any other method accessing the Engineering Menu please?

many thanks,

salman002

Car
CLA180
thank you mate....the guys at the dealer's arent being able to solve anything, they already did restart, or whatever....they are out of solutions :(

any suggestion i can access bypass the error message and access the Engineering Menu and change the region ?

many thanks,

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55, MY18 GLC63s
thank you mate....the guys at the dealer's arent being able to solve anything, they already did restart, or whatever....they are out of solutions :(

any suggestion i can access bypass the error message and access the Engineering Menu and change the region ?

many thanks,
No you can't. Once its on, its on. And I know you are not in UK so I can't try

R

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom