NTG4 Engineering Menu Access

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidfsc

I recently bought a W204 fitted with an NTG4 command. I managed to enter the engineering menu by depressing the phone hang-up, 1 & # keys simultaneously. Changed the region setting from Japan to ECE and managed to get the radio tuner frequency range working.

Exited the menu, tested the tuner & it was working fine. However, when i wanted to re-enter the engineering menu again by depressing the same 3 keys, it wouldn't access the engineering menu anymore. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Would appreciate advise on this problem.

Thanks

Nope, but then I am scared to change anything in there.

Out of curiosity, why did you change it?

Nope, but then I am scared to change anything in there.

Out of curiosity, why did you change it?

The car is from Japan & the FM frequency range is limited between 80 ~ 90Mhz whereas in Malaysia the range is 80 ~ 107Mhz thus missing out on lots of stations. That's y the need to change.

May be that the engineering menu permits free access several times on initial install to set up regional settings etc. It may then require a different code or Mercedes STAR to change it??

Instead of hang up 1 and #, now your should be pickup 1 and #

Heaps of thanks. Worked like a charm & for all those following this, remember to reset the "remaining changes" in case u get locked out for good!!

Attention about w204 engineering menu(REMAINING CHANGES RESET) - MBWorld.org Forums

bro davidfsc,

i tried the setting and also managed to change the frequency range to malaysia range.

But the display on screen seems in disarray with 3 submenu such as "preset", "sound" and "FM" not visible. And i can manual tune the frequency and it seems only display preset channel...

Yours the same?

Dear Friends..

After starting the engine, I tried to press Hangup, 1 and # keys... It didnt go in to the menu? Am I doing anything wrong?

Newbie here... advise appreciated

bro davidfsc,

i tried the setting and also managed to change the frequency range to malaysia range.

But the display on screen seems in disarray with 3 submenu such as "preset", "sound" and "FM" not visible. And i can manual tune the frequency and it seems only display preset channel...

Yours the same?
Facing the same problem here...
any help please??
much appreciated

Hold down all 3 for about 10 seconds.
You can destroy your Comand from these menus.
R

so? can W204 Facelift using the same comand to change the radio freq?

NTG4.5 (Japan) needs changing to NTG4.5 Euro to get Euro frequencies and Euro maps. Doing this in a way that it won't break in the future and able to get a map pin for Europe is far from trivial.

Richard

Instead of hang up 1 and #, now your should be pickup 1 and #

Good day, dear! Thanks to your post, I was able to repair my comand ntg4 even Mercedes dealer in my town, as well as spices in Germany could not solve my problem with blocked tsomand throughout the week! Thank you and good luck!:thumb:
Sorry for bad english

Hi,

I have changed the region from Japan to ECE and the Radio is blocked, see attachment, any clue guys?

Attachments

• mercedes error.jpg
    mercedes error.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 23
Hi,

I have changed the region from Japan to ECE and the Radio is blocked, see attachment, any clue guys?

Yup, the unit thinks it is in the wrong car. I've seen this on USA units and assumed it was because the VIN format is different in USA - I guess it is more than that !!

Merc dealer should be able to unlock it with online Xentry and the PIN code that is stored against the data-card

Richard

thank you,

but can I revert the region back? how can i get access to the Engineering Menu again?

the dealer is puzzled with this error!

Can't I revert back the settings? or any other method accessing the Engineering Menu please?

many thanks,

thank you mate....the guys at the dealer's arent being able to solve anything, they already did restart, or whatever....they are out of solutions :(

any suggestion i can access bypass the error message and access the Engineering Menu and change the region ?

many thanks,

thank you mate....the guys at the dealer's arent being able to solve anything, they already did restart, or whatever....they are out of solutions :(

any suggestion i can access bypass the error message and access the Engineering Menu and change the region ?

many thanks,

No you can't. Once its on, its on. And I know you are not in UK so I can't try

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom