NTG4 Retrofit Questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leefee

Car
W204 C250 CDI Sport
Hi,

I'm up early this morning with a W204 in bits as I am mid way through retrofitting an NTG4 command system. Ihave purchased the head and display as well as the retrofit kit with fan, loom etc.

Everything was going reasonably well until I came to try and find where I plug the Can bus cables in to. After much searching I think they must be behind the kick plate in the passenger foot-well? Advice please.

The other thing I am unsure of is the new cable for the display. Does it just replace the existing one? i.e. plug in to the display at the top and the loom at the bottom in the same way the old one does or does go straight to the command head?

The instructions are a little unclear for a first timer, so any advice from someone who has experience of doing this would be appreciated.

Lee.

Found Can Bus

OK,

I've answered my first question and found the Can Bus connection! It's in the sill on the drivers near the foot-well!

Lee.

Hi, thanks but link takes me to a previous thread of mine!

Leefee said:
Hi, thanks but link takes me to a previous thread of mine!

Yeah I didn't notice you was the same person, he just linked it to me in reply to my post :) my bad

Sorted!

Well finally finished the job, well, nearly!

I have a right hand airbag fault that I can't clear. I have removed and checked the airbag connections but it all looks good. I may have turned the ignition on and started the engine with the airbag disconnected when I straightened the steering wheel before removal. I tried to clear the fault with a bluetooth ODB2 jobbie and Torque ODB to no avail.

I have also crushed the connector for the GPS at the back of the Command head. Supplied antenna had a straight connector and I think it should be a right-angle, but it is tight behind there!

I kept blowing fuse 11 and found royaltiger's thread from some time ago; I had plugged the connector from the new loom into the Command instead of the display. Not that clear in the instructions.

Thanks again.

I was wondering if there was any merit in posting on here the commandonline installation instructions for idiots? I.e. take the existing document and adding my thoughts and experiences. There is certainly some room for more detail.

If this has already been done, can someone point me in the way of the thread.

If anybody knows how I can clear the airbag fault then please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Lee.:bannana::thumb:

I take it you do not have access to MB STAR.

You will need more than generic OBDII scanner in order to clear the airbag fault, because SRS is manufacturer-specific and not part of the generic OBDII protocol.

There are standalone SRS reset tools, and some code scanners such as the Autel MaxiDiag can reset SRS faults

But best to take the car to someone with MB STAR and give it a good once-over and also check if anything needs to be done re the new NTG4 unit.

I was wondering if there was any merit in posting on here the commandonline installation instructions for idiots? I.e. take the existing document and adding my thoughts and experiences. There is certainly some room for more detail.

Please don't post our instructions or parts thereof. They are copyright and marked as so.

Richard

Richard,

don't worry I wouldn't have done it without permission.

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom