NTG4 Retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leefee

Car
W204 C250 CDI Sport
Hi all,

having just purchased a W204 C250 CDI Sport with audio 20 I have now purchased an NTG4 system

Firstly, I apologise because a lot has been posted on this subject but I have spent a long time searching the posts and I can't find the information I need.

I thought it was plug and play and have now found out that I need a retrofit kit for the extra cooling required. Unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch to that this pay month so I will have to wait until next one.

What I want to do is test the unit before I put it to one side. So my question is should I be able to remove the audio 20 head and display and fit the NTG4 head only to test it?

If so could I then make wiring mods and fit the display?

Thanks in advance.

Lee.

I know I'm not giving you the answer and just a question, but I thought if you bought the units whole the cooling units came with it?

Also did you not need the original security coding?

Ashley

Hi Leefee,

www.comandonline.co.uk should be able to help both with advise and with supplying any accessories that may be required.

Alfie and Richard are forum members and they are very helpful as well as very knowledgeable about all things COMAND.

Hi
Lee-fee - You can't plug it in to test it - the display power wiring is all different - don't even try as you'll blow the display power fuse. The display video cable is also different...
The proper kit has a new wiring loom for the display (so you are not modify existing but replacing it), and the new larger display will not work with the Audio-20 - i.e you have to do the job all at once.

ash59fifty-uk - when you have COMAND in a mercedes there are extra cooling fans that are added to the car to draw cool air from footwell and supply it to the side of the COMAND for the COMAND to pull it in. Without it the hot air just recirculate around the COMAND behind the dash and in the end it cooks itself. Many retrofiters don't bother with them - but Mercedes certainly did not bother with the expense if they weren't needed - they don't even put in extra wiring !!!

Cheers

Richard

Thanks guys for your replies.

I guess I'll just have to be patient and get the retrofit kit. Want to do it properly, think the car deserves it.

Lee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom