NTL over charging (now up to £110!!!) help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Yesterday I checked my bank statement only to find that NTL had charged me £75.25 :| , this was ontop of the normal charges.

After 40 years waiting I got through to an operator who was helpful and informed me that they had charged me 5 times for a service I hadnt used :(

I requested that I have the money back, and she told me that I had 2 wait for at least 3 weeks min for a chq refund, so I aggreed.

(Im on the £17.99 Broadband package with 6months free cable TV & £9 line rental)

So then she transfered me to there billing trouble dept (or whatever its called) and I was greeted by a pike sounding girl who had no details of what I was on about and said:

'nah, you'll ave to go into your bank and get a form to transfer back your direct debit from us' cant do anymore than that, its gonna take 3 months to write a chq bye'

I tried to get her to explain and I was told (very rudely) the same over and over again.

Not happy I went to the bank (HSBC) and got this form filled in, and I have to wait now, they explained an investigation will need to take place to prove what I'd said etc...

This Morning, I recived another bill for £43!!! :|

What can I do??? shall I cancell my Direct debit to stop this?!?!

As ive just bought a place, im totally skint & apploaching my overdraft limit!!! :eek: can I get compensation from them!??

If NTL are saying they're gonna refund you but its gonna take 3 months let them use the money they've taken as credit on your account. And tell them just as a precaution you're going to cancel your direct debit until the credit has been used up. Always talk to a manager and ask for a written explanation of why they took the money and ask for compensation (cant hurt, least they can give you is a couple months free tv and internet).

Good luck, be assertive but not rude!

NTL are great at this! An old colleague of mine had a negative amount listed on the NTL statement each month for a service that she didn't want, they accidently charged her for and then simply failed to properly refund. It was on there for months until she rang up and blasted them on the phone (she was a helpdesk administrator so she was good on the phone!). She said something along the lines of "...you would have taken me to court by now if I'd not paid you for the service, so how can you expect to get away with failing to refund me for 4 months for something I didn't even ask for?". She was sorted out pretty quickly after that.

Under the direct debit rules - if they overcharge you they can and should directly refund into your account with no delay! Speak to a supervisor.

I just got my 2nd months bill emailed to me from my telecom/ broadband provider.. Bulldog.

I thought i was going to be in for a shock but i was billed £39.00 for 4 Meg Broadband :D and unlimited telephone usage. I was sure i was supposed to be charged for calls to mobiles, but they haven't charged me at all for any calls.. so i'm staying quiet :bannana:

pammy said:
Under the direct debit rules - if they overcharge you they can and should directly refund into your account with no delay! Speak to a supervisor.

its the bank that does it

Madferrit said:
I was sure i was supposed to be charged for calls to mobiles, but they haven't charged me at all for any calls.. so i'm staying quiet :bannana:

:D :) Oh how we shout and scream if we are over charged. If the error works in our favour, we all develop a sudden allergy to the pen or telephone. ;)

What would I do?
Pardon?????
Didn't hear the question, sorry ;)

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom