NTSC or PAL??Reverse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del80y

Car
C220 Estate Sport 125
Hi I am retrofitting a reverse camera to my 2011 C220 facelift with I think a COMAND NGT4.5
I have ordered the Fakra to RCA cable and read lots of posts and used the wonderfull search button but still confused if I should order a NTSC or PAL camera for UK cars
Will going in to the engineer mode tell me what it is expecting

Many Thanks Del

Hi I am retrofitting a reverse camera to my 2011 C220 facelift with I think a COMAND NGT4.5
I have ordered the Fakra to RCA cable and read lots of posts and used the wonderfull search button but still confused if I should order a NTSC or PAL camera for UK cars
Will going in to the engineer mode tell me what it is expecting

Many Thanks Del

Exactly as Richard says. NTSC. If you get a PAL camera it will at best be black and white.

Thanks for the quick replies going to order this the now.
This camera has wires that you can cut to mirror image or not
And image lines or not:D
Sony CCD 520TVL Metal House Front / Side / Rear View Switcher Car Parking Camera | eBay
On looking through engineer mode I found this
DSC_0111_zpsf0d08bb8.jpg

And going to option 3 has this where you can change RVC which I take it is reverse camera to PAL
Option 2 and 3 are NAV And TV:bannana: Is this correct or am I barking up the wrong tree....
DSC_0109_zpse2f391f5.jpg

Del80y you have just made my day

I have been searching for the last week (since having my car) for how to or indeed if it was even possible to fit a reversing camera to my car w204 facelift 125 edition, managed to find earlier one/write ups but had got to thinking that for what ever reason it may have been main stealer option only or something as really could not find anything for facelifts.

Please any tips would be good and also could you tell me how to get into the hidden menu for turning on etc.

Do you know of any other tips/tricks for the facelift also, all help much appreciated, trust me there is a lot of man love coming your way atm :rock:

Get an add a fuse for the cameras power and use fuse 71 in the boot. There is no need to tap into the reversing lights. You may need to remove the chrome strip on the boot lid, if you do make sure that you cover the ends heavily with masking tape and any adjacent bodywork before removal. It is easy to slip and damage the paint. When you pull out the vents to get at the head unit tie the vent light cable somewhere you can see it so you don't forget to put it back.

You won't be able to set the comand to PAL - it just wont work. As the two gurus above have said, buy an ntsc.

Hi Del80y sorry to resurrect a two year old thread but did you get this working ok as I seem to be having a few issues that don't make sense on the same car, was wondering if you just plugged it all in and changed the setting in engineer mode or if you ended up having to go get something enabled via star, thanks for any reply.

Bit of testing and worked out what was wrong, all sorted now ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom