Number 100 Silver Arrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dreaming - it's £10k overpriced - especially as it doesn't have a Panoramic roof.

Jeez... How much do you think it's going to end up going for? Or will someone fork out the full price??

It's special,very special,that will sell.

Silver Arrows are rather Marmite - I wouldn't have one if you paid me! Hate the wheels and all the silver/chrome trim, don't like the interior either (I've been for a ride in one).

Looks in great condition though, so who knows what it will go for. Extremely unlikely to be £30k (or anywhere near it) though, IMHO.

I agree with Bill. Personally would rather have one of the Amg's or even a designo SL600 but many consider them the one for collectors? Its a good one, thats for sure.
I guess if someone had the care free disposable income They might be tempted to spend £30k?

£30k should get you the best SL60 you could find, with some change. Only 47 of those on the road in the UK, so probably rarer and more desirable to most people I'd have thought.

I love the Silver Arrows model.
I remember nosing around one in my local showroom when they were new.

This number 100 has been for sale for a good number of months.
As lovely and special as it is, that is surely a sign it could be over priced.

Darren

There was one advertised at a higher price than that a couple of years ago. I don't know what it went for though.

Number 10 was up at £29,500 at a dealer on Isle of Mann before Xmas.
It had a panoramic roof and 29k miles.

I'm looking to sell my Silver Arrow later this year - complete with panoramic glass roof. Does anyone know roughly how the mileage impacts the selling price? Mine is 2001 with 87,000 miles. Where would you recommend the best place to advertise? Not e-bay!

I'm looking to sell my Silver Arrow later this year - complete with panoramic glass roof. Does anyone know roughly how the mileage impacts the selling price? Mine is 2001 with 87,000 miles. Where would you recommend the best place to advertise? Not e-bay!

I would reccomend ebay actually (as a classified advert, not auction), as well as PistonHeads and Autotrader and Mercedes Enthusiast magazine.. classiccars.co.uk ... basically get it out there in as many places as possible.

Pricewise, its hard to say with this particular car. Its a matter of doing the research and finding out what price others have sold for in the past and what their condition was. It also depends how long you are prepared to wait for the price you want. Price it to sell and you'll get rid of it in a week. Try and get the most you can for it and you might be sitting on it for a year or more.

The Silver arrow is collectable and can command a high price in the right condition. It is however a bit of a Marmite car and is disliked by some.

Last edited:

I would stick a classified on ebay to avoid the muppets, Autotrader (so it gets lifted into Top Marques as well) and on here once you have enough posts.

Do check autotrader still life for free into Top Marques ... They did years ago.

Oh plus Pistonheads ... I think that should do it.

Sp!ke has a good suggestion.. The classic website is good too.
I have sold a couple from there in the past.

Good news is any serious buyer will find you with that coverage.

Price wise ... I think a similar miles model with pana was around £12k before xmas if it helps.
This dealer has a high price reputation plus would come with warranty etc and similar miles. Its been for sale a little while at £14,995
Mercedes-Benz R129 SL500 Silver Arrow | eBay
Based on that and the previous sale I think you might £13ish?

They are worth what you can get for them , I sold no 95, total mintbox with its panoramic roof for £14k, wish I would have kept it..

Last edited:
They are worth what you can get for them , I sold no 95, total mintbox with its panoramic roof for £14k, wish I would have kept it..

Looked a lovely car but the SLS must be a worthy replacement?!
How many miles did your Silver Arrow have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom