Number plate change?

• Thread starter Deleted member 159521
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159521

Good evening All

We are still looking for a V6 SLK. Came across one the other day that had a very recent registration number change. When checking we couldn’t find any details of the previous reg. Can anyone here offer any ideas on how we can find some history on the previous reg?
Thank you all in advance.

Tommy.

Ask the current owner or Trader?

Tried that, but being a little evasive. I am putting my trainers on as I type and will be getting ready to run away from it. But I would just like to be able to dig a little deeper and find out in the background. Only to satisfy my curiosity.

Tried that, but being a little evasive. I am putting my trainers on as I type and will be getting ready to run away from it. But I would just like to be able to dig a little deeper and find out in the background. Only to satisfy my curiosity.
Some of the vehicle checking websites will list previous registration numbers for a fee, it might be worth a search to see which ones can do this or, as you say walk away and quickly!

Try here: Find a Number Plate - Car Number Plate Check

Post a link to the advert and I will quiz them as well if you wish?

Last edited:
I have tried Green Flag, probably not the best, but no details come up at all. Also nothing on the DVLA MOT history page. Not trying to be a clever Petrocelli type (am I showing my age) but am just a little intrigued.

See my previous post.

You could try Rapid Car Check
They do a free check for all the basics of the car, and if you're willing to pay £2.95 you can get a standard check which should include number plate changes.

Have a look here

Thank you both. I tried your links and nothing. Nevermind.

Thanks again.

Try total car check depends on when the plate was changed some sites are quicker than others

Thanks again. The links are working but can find no info.d

Thanks again. The links are working but can find no info.d
Very cryptic.

What exactly shows up when you put the reg in? If it's had a plate change it will show it. What does it mean to say you can find no info?

The physical MOT sheet will have the reg number on the car at the time of the MOT, does this car not come with any history?

Was it on a personal plate? Typed my reg into the link above and only gave details of the car not the previous registration number.

If you do tatal car check pay for a gold i think maybe silver and all the previous reg plates come up with the dates it was changed

Surely the vin number will allow the history of the car to be checked. It should confirm if stolen, written off etc.
The previous reg number may not be too important.

You dont need the vin to do an hpi check if the OP has the vin then why hasn't he got the reg doesn't make sence if you do a plate change usually within a week the details would be on the new reg

Are you seeking a R172 V6 SLK? Just curious because when seeking such an SLK myself & sought many opinions regarding the V6 v the 250 4 cylinder in regard to performance & MPG then test drove both engined cars back-to-back. Ignoring the comparable imagined status/street cred./bragging rights the performance increase of the V6 was not that fantastic but the extra mpg/insurance costs were. In fact I was well impressed with the 250 4 cylinder, it had all the poke needed in the real world & was smoother than I had any right to expect from a Mercedes 4 cylinder petrol engine. My conclusion was that I could not fathom why I would choose the V6 which were thin on the ground anyway, probably because the smaller engine was better value. Yet I CAN see why a V6 would appeal so good luck.
I now run a 2 year old 300 SLC which goes like the clappers & when in Sport mode sounds wonderful.

The basic £2.99 check on vehicle smart will show all the number plate changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom