number plate holders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rajinder_1

Car
01' Designo SL320 , 96' C36 AMG, 98' C43 AMG Estate 19' Focus & 96' ZX6R Ninja
Hi guys,
after having the SL for 1 yr i though i would change the old number plates to some new ones.
took the screws out the back and 3 out of th 4 screws snapped in there....
whats the best way to either remove the 3 duff fastners or take out the remainding bits of the screw left in the holders????

Raj

I assume they are the standard Metal screws rather than plastic?

If so, it all rather depends on how mych of the screws are left in and whether there is anything left sticking out of the hole.

If the screws are flush or sunk into the thread then its pretty much drill an patience time.

If there's some thread pocking out then the quickes and easiest way to remove them would be to very carefully weld a nut on the end so you can undo them. This will be rather tricky to do without damaging the surrounding paint, a job best left to a talented welder.

I have had some success with screws whose heads have sheared off by clamping a set of mole grips onto the stump and turning very slowly ....

Good luck !

i ended up leaving the snapped scres in there, used tape instead... for the time being anayway

Goto your local dealers and get some plate holders (about £4 each), some new plates & use the sticky pads instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom