Number plate opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My parents bought me a plate with my initials back in 73, for £65, had it on every car since. I left it off this one for the first year as I wasn't sure it was a keeper.

I'd let the other people named Matt Ayton buy the other ones; they'd then be second best.

mat8n said:
OK, so my user name MAT 8N is my reg number on my SL... As some of you know my name is Matt Ayton. Anyway, got myself an S class to replace my volvo and i've got a cheap irish dateless plate on it.... Now this has come up for sale M4T BN/M4 TBN. Do I buy it and 'enhance' it to have a nice pair of plates or will it look a bit silly? I'm also at the moment of trying to get hold of the owner of MAT 81V to try and strike up a deal with that! :thumb: or :fail
What ever you do , as stated keep it legal , cost me £200 fine for my plate as I spaced it wrong ,, (C4FE W should obviously been C4 FEW )
If you like your plates and have the money it's up to you what and how you spend it , like me , I don't want to be the richest man in the cemetery ;)

It would work best when the two cars are together, as one visually validates the other, but the new one on its own is a wannabe.

Never understood the obsession with wanting to let everyone know your name.

PS: keep it legal. Those bothered enough to care will figure it all out what you wanted to tell.

I agree with the "ps" above. I have a cherished numberplate which (almost) perfectly spells out my name. My son frequently points out that with the judicious placement of two black screws (ie one front and one back) it would in fact be perfect. I cannot do it because those who know me know why I have that number and those that do not I do not wish to enlighten!

The numberplate was actually purchased for said son, who decided to work abroad so couldn't use it.

Well I have never bothered with a personal plate,until my son suggested it he had seen pates on the DVLA site,so a few years ago I looked and found a plate that spelled my entire surname plus my initial,yes it has a 4 to be used as A and a slightly wider gap between the initial and the surname it cost £275 my son had to buy one with 8 for the A and his cost £500,not mega money,the number plate cameras still work on it as I got a speeding fine about 3 years ago,the police when you are driving will not pull you they have better things to do, but when you are parked up watch out, McDonalds is a favourite for the old bill to grab food and then they sit there and take notice of number plates,but another cup of coffee will see them push off and all is well.

If you want people to read what you write, please use capital letters, full stops and paragraphs. What you've written is far too hard to read. Compare what you have with:

Well I have never bothered with a personal plate until my son suggested it. He had seen plates on the DVLA site, so a few years ago I looked and found a plate that spelled my entire surname plus my initial; yes, it has a 4 to be used as A and a slightly wider gap between the initial and the surname. It cost £275.

My son had to buy one with 8 for the A and his cost £500, not mega money.

The number plate cameras still work on it as I got a speeding fine about 3 years ago. The police, when you are driving, will not pull you; they have better things to do. But when you are parked up watch out, McDonalds is a favourite for the old bill to grab food and then they sit there and take notice of number plates, but another cup of coffee will see them push off and all is well.

back-to-school-strict-teacher-blackboard-background-phrase-32513075.jpg

Mine came with a private plates.

They are useful in putting off the drivers of new 1.0 cars that think they're automatically faster than you because your car is older.

if it hadnt got one I'd have been tempted with T4 YUG or something like that. Yug being my name backwards and a bit of fun.

If you want people to read what you write, please use capital letters, full stops and paragraphs. What you've written is far too hard to read. Compare what you have with:

Well I have never bothered with a personal plate until my son suggested it. He had seen plates on the DVLA site, so a few years ago I looked and found a plate that spelled my entire surname plus my initial; yes, it has a 4 to be used as A and a slightly wider gap between the initial and the surname. It cost £275.

My son had to buy one with 8 for the A and his cost £500, not mega money.

The number plate cameras still work on it as I got a speeding fine about 3 years ago. The police, when you are driving, will not pull you; they have better things to do. But when you are parked up watch out, McDonalds is a favourite for the old bill to grab food and then they sit there and take notice of number plates, but another cup of coffee will see them push off and all is well.

Don't be a P r a t all your life take a day off, take your punctuation and stick it where it is darkest !!!

Don't be a P r a t all your life take a day off, take your punctuation and stick it where it is darkest !!!

Cheers. Just trying to be helpful. Maybe it's just me, but I find unpunctuated blocks of text really hard to read, and I assume you took the time to write that so that people would want to read it.

I'll just keep quiet next time and skip over your posts. :rolleyes:

The most northern part of Norway on 21st December? :dk:

I must be a P r a t as well, because that needs some punctuation too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom