Number plate plinth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fireman Tam

Car
W205 250D Premium in white
Probably an easy question...

Would I need the front number plate plinth on a new C Class? Or is already drilled on to the car when it gets to the dealership? I have only 6 letters in my number plate and one of them is the number 1, so wondered about getting a shorter number plate; with the correct spacing of course. Then not having the plinth. Has anyone done it on their MB, particularly interested if someone with a new C Class has done it.
Or can you get a number plate plinth from a different country that is smaller?
Once again thanks in advance for any input.

Don't know about other countries ( Italy maybe as cars in Rome get to have tiny front plates ? ) but I'd think the plinth comes as part of the car ...

The sensor for the outside temperature gauge has been built into the plinth on all my cars , but you might be able to relocate it , at risk of changing the reading ?

Does anyone else know if it is possible to do without the plinth?

Thanks

My advice would be to talk to your salesperson. However I believe that the plinth is there to take some of the curve and slope out of the bumper so that the number plate is vertical.

I took the plate holders off the front and back of my C350e.
They looked ugly and clumsy in my eyes. Easy DIY job, or just request it at the dealers before delivery.

I've just been washing my car and realised I do have a small plinth on the front:

However, when I got the car both number plates were mounted in these contraptions and I thought that is what you were referring to. Apologies. I think you would want to keep this one on.

None of them have any sensors in so you can take them and off to your heart's content!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom