Number Plate Replacements

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tigertecz

Car
W205 C63 AMG
Not sure if this is the right forum but hoping it is...

It's a pretty minor thing but looking to get aluminium Number Plate replacements for my car.

With my previous Mercedes I bought it from a car broker who made private plates for me with his company's name as the slogan text at the bottom (free advertising for him I guess). When I took it to a Mercedes dealership for a service they asked me if I wanted Mercedes Branded plates on it instead free of charge, and I said sure why not.

On my current car I transferred my plate across, but it's all cracked etc. When I asked my local dealership if they could replace them, they quoted me nearly £100 for acrylic ones, not even aluminium ones. Does anyone know where I can get replacement aluminium plates that are Mercedes branded without having to pay £100 for them? Obviously I'd love it if it were free, but if not I'm happy to pay for it, just think £100 is really steep.

Are you sure you heard right? My local MB dealership charges £13 per plate.

Are you sure you heard right? My local MB dealership charges £13 per plate.

Definitely. They told me over the phone it would be £90-something and then when I went in this morning to drop off the car for some part recalls I asked someone else there to get me a quote and it was again £96 or something like that. They even wrote it down and I was shocked and said no thank you.

Where is your local MB? Maybe I should just give them a call and see if they'll send them out to me.

Try ebay for whatever style and lettering you wish. I have both acrylic and pressed metal plates form there and happy with both I like the acrylic with domed carbon fibre characters and a completely blank background.

Try ebay for whatever style and lettering you wish. I have both acrylic and pressed metal plates form there and happy with both I like the acrylic with domed carbon fibre characters and a completely blank background.

Sounds good thanks. A couple of the plate-builder sites I've tried have all come out at around £50-60 for a similar spec (3D carbon fibre characters on acrylic with the GB logo on the side)

£100 is a lot for plates. I got new plates fitted by the dealer for approx £30 when my private plate was transferred.

£100 is a lot for plates. I got new plates fitted by the dealer for approx £30 when my private plate was transferred.

If they meant 'fitted'... then £30 is a great price, but £100 it is not an unreasonable quote either for two plates plus half-hour labour cost plus VAT from a main dealer?

Four dot is the biz for number plates although a bit pricey.

I guess the £100 quoted by MB means they will be fitted correctly and be LEGAL.

All the other stuff is up to you.

I have a single motorcycle trailer with a blank yellow stick on 'plate' (can you still buy them ?). If I loan it to someone its up to them to get the marker pen out !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom