number plate screws

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
Are the fixing points on my number plates (4 per plate, not quite in the corners) determined by MB or whoever fitted the plates? I ask this as some of the screws (philips headed) have corroded and I want to get some shiney new ones. Will MB stock them or will they look dumbly at me?

My back one is stuck on. Front has two screws; top corners.

From memory mine all screwed into existing holes in the bodywork. When I changed plates I overlaid the old plates on the new and drilled through - somehow managed to make the rear plate even more wonky....:rolleyes:

IIRC, I have a mixture of original screws and a couple I found in my toolbox.. Would have thought any appropriate sized and threaded screws would work but no doubt MB will oblige with a set.

Ade

Part no for rear no plate screws (silver with phillips head) is A0019904236

Whats the price on those please?

And does it mean there is a different part number for front ones! they look the same to me.

I dislike the appearance of any screws on a numberplate and don’t trust adhesives so I use 2 small Philips screws one each side, located through the numbers and painted black, you would never see them unless you were looking for them. One can be seen in the center of the #5.

Dec

Whats the price on those please?

And does it mean there is a different part number for front ones! they look the same to me.

Matt i think they are about 50-70p each.

The ones we use are different front and rear. Rear are a threaded screw that screw into nut inserts on the boot lid, Front are a self-tapping screw (like a wood screw) that screw into the no plate plinth in the front bumper 4 per plate.
Although different dealers/garages may use different fixings, this is the mercedes original.

I ordered some of the above screws (A0019904236) when I ordered a few other bits (club pedals & few other bits).
When they arrived they are the self tapping type used to fasten the front plate & not to fit the threaded insert in the boot.:eek:

I went across to cumbrian fasteners & got some screws to fit the threaded inserts in the boot for the rear plate & used the new screws (from Mercedes) to fit the front plate.:D

I just put transfered my private plate onto my Merc and hate the idea of the 4 screws as they look awfull, i drilled two self tappers in either side, my local auto shop stocks the plastic yellow and white screws with the same thread as the factory fitments - They look a whole lot better than 4 silver screw heads.

I ordered some of the above screws (A0019904236) when I ordered a few other bits (club pedals & few other bits).
When they arrived they are the self tapping type used to fasten the front plate & not to fit the threaded insert in the boot.:eek:

I went across to cumbrian fasteners & got some screws to fit the threaded inserts in the boot for the rear plate & used the new screws (from Mercedes) to fit the front plate.:D

I got self tappers too with that pt. no. the parts person knew which ones i wanted (threaded type with phillips head) and i got 4 new bright and shiny ones. I,ll dig out the invoice for the pt. no. if anyone interested.

i stick mine on and off and on and off and on and off (thanks to the police) with mastick as that stuff is a swine to get off and screws ruin the minamilist look i like with plates

Have you thought about this:

22.jpg

The black carrier is secured to the car and the plate is, I think, clipped into the carrier. Think it was dealer-supplied as it was on a loan car. No screws showing:cool: .

Hi I bought some Stainless Steel screws from B&Q. No more corrision or rust !

I don't know why , but all dealers use different ones.

We Mainly use:
A0019904236
N0000000001181
A2029900121
A0019906424 (i think)

Depends on the car really.

i just popped into the dealers yesterday, and the parts guy gave me a pair of these and some rear number plate screws(to hold it on), said i was a good customer so i could have em.

:bannana: :bannana:

View attachment 11950

The black carrier is secured to the car and the plate is, I think, clipped into the carrier. Think it was dealer-supplied as it was on a loan car. No screws showing:cool: .

I just use B&Q double sided mounting tape (foam in the middle)
Three lines of tape.
Les

View attachment 11950

I bought something similar for my ML from a trusted seller on ebay -

b4ab_12.JPG

Link here - Clickety-Click

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom