Number Plate Spacers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

caniceo

Car
CLS 220 (2017); A 200d (2016); SLK (2013)
Hi, I have a 2013 SLK, which has a ‘curved’ front number plate. As the car does not have parking sensors I want to retro fit these to the front and specifically, for ease, would like to fit a system called “Fensens”. However Fensens can only be fitted to a straight/flat number plate and so I need to fit spacers to make the number plate flat. I have found these in the US with the part number “BQ6880108“ but can’t find them in the UK. Can anyone advise where I might be able to acquire such number plate spacers in the UK.
Many thanks.

Consider the option of a retrofit parking sensor kit, I haven't fitted a 'Fensens' unit before but other number plate mount kits I have fitted are prone to blind spots and water ingress, when the number plate itself is fitted it seems to 'nip' the sensor wiring, mostly they are supplied as Unfused?
Also the rear number plate mounting: unless it's at a right angle to the ground the sensors will be biased!
Good luck :)

Contact COMANDONLINE. They can help with retrofitting both OEM and similar aftermarket systems.

Sprint-Man, thanks for your response. The 'Fensens' is completely wireless, therefore no wires to nip. It's also rated IP66 for dust and water proofing, so there shouldn't be a problem with weather. You can also set the distance between the sensor position and the backend of your car, therefore providing pretty accurate proximity readings. While I accept there may be blind spots, the fact that you don't have to drill any holes or link up any wires, makes it a particularly attractive option as a simple aid to avoiding driving into the garage wall!! My only real problem is that the frame of the Fensens isn't 'flexible' and therefore I need to find spacers to make the base to fit it against, completely flat.

What about an ebay search for ' Tapered/Wedge Washers'; a variety are available if you know the clearance dimensions, hope it helps?

The easiest way to keep away from your garage wall is a piece of 2x2 timber screwed into the floor in front of the front wheel. Cheaper than parking sensors.

The easiest way to keep away from your garage wall is a piece of 2x2 timber screwed into the floor in front of the front wheel. Cheaper than parking sensors.
Thanks for the feedback Scooby-Doo. I already have a proper wheal stop in the garage, (just used that as an example) but the car regularly gets parked in walled car parks while out an about, so need something on the car.

What about an ebay search for ' Tapered/Wedge Washers'; a variety are available if you know the clearance dimensions, hope it helps?
Thanks Sprint-Man. I’d not heard of Tapered/Wedge Washers, but they should certainly do the job!

Contact COMANDONLINE. They can help with retrofitting both OEM and similar aftermarket systems.
Thanks clk320x. I’ve had a look, but they don’t provide anything that would resolve my issue.

Instead of spending money providing aids into not driving into walls, why not save money by simply evaluation your driving ability \ spatial awareness ? ;)

Instead of spending money providing aids into not driving into walls, why not save money by simply evaluation your driving ability \ spatial awareness ? ;)
Thanks for your response, p2djx, which while clearly frivolous, is condescending in the extreme. I would suggest you ‘get a life’ instead of wasting your time posting insulting comments to complete strangers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom