number plate & spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossco964

Car
RRS / C63
So I had to replace the front number plate holder at the weekend as it was smashed. Whoever had put the plate on (I think Mercedes) had used the stickiest tape known to man. Took me forever to get it off. When I unscrewed the holder it turns out the it was the incorrect part (screw holes in wrong place) so they just screwed two of the screws in to the plastic. Annoying but will never see it. So fitted new holder and stuck on new plate using loads of the 1mm pads from Halfords. Went to stick it in the middle and it snapped in half. Great.

I've got another new plate now. If I heated up the plate first would it be okay to stick it to the bend in the middle?

Also looking for a carbon boot spoiler. Would the best option be the Boca one from Rebellion?

cheers

Because it's contoured, you're best using self tapping screws at either end. Re spoiler I bought mine off the bay. Good quality even though it came from Taiwan!

I tried heating plate but it still ended up coming away

use a hot air gun & heat the middle of the plate very gently & start to bend the plate in the middle - do it several times gradually so it's the same profile as the holder

use a hot air gun & heat the middle of the plate very gently & start to bend the plate in the middle - do it several times gradually so it's the same profile as the holder

This is what I did with mine, worked a treat...

111i0sw.jpg

thanks. I'll give the heat gun a go. This weather is not helping

that front splitter is sweet. Where did you get that from?

I had a 5 series front plate like this. Used a hairdryer and it worked a treat. Tip : actually over end the plate, much easier then to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom