number plate trace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
is it possible to trace if a car is leased from a numberplate.a neighbour who has moved in a rented house i suspect is a drug dealer,changes cars every few weeks,cars visiting for 30 seconds all night etc etc.i want to get some evidence as the police arnt interested.

You can't do the trace, but if you provide the registrations to CrimeStoppers, it will get followed up.

Either way (local cops or Crime Stoppers) you won't be told that they have followed it up.

But they will.

PS

If it floats your boat, CrimeStoppers can give you a ref number and if the Cops get a result from your info, you can get a pay out.
The system they use is pretty ingenious, you can't be traced and they pay in cash.

well I would keep a record where possible of car numberplates, times etc hand it to police and crimestoppers on a regular basis. you will be doing everyone a favour. Ask them after a month or so if it is worth continuing to do so

Film or photograph them if you can.

Most importantly... Be very careful. A large majority of these type of people will kill you if you interfere with their business!

It would be safer to leave it to the professionals. (Safer, but not always fruitful)

I guess its in the "General Discussion" section because it's General Discussion :dk::p

If you crashed into his car he'd have to swap details with you .

General Discussion and News sub-forum relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

I'd say the "cars visiting for 30 seconds all night" is a pretty tenuous link.

Walk away this will just be hassle on a large scale.

Have you got the time to go to court if needed messed about by our wonderful legal system, then always looking over your shoulder thinking what if? especially when they get of scott free.

Maybe the wrong attitude but a pretty common one nowadays.

Lynall

Most importantly... Be very careful. A large majority of these type of people will kill you if you interfere with their business!

Yes, that must be why we have tens of thousands of murders each year... :rolleyes:

Get on with your life and don't worry so much about what others are up to, unless it's causing you harm?

Walk away this will just be hassle on a large scale.

Have you got the time to go to court if needed messed about by our wonderful legal system, then always looking over your shoulder thinking what if? especially when they get of scott free.

Maybe the wrong attitude but a pretty common one nowadays.

Lynall

CrimeStoppers lets you provide the information anonymously - they won't ask you for information that will identify you and they can still pay out a reward.

Give them a go.

You'll never be told about the good you have done, but you'll know you did the right thing.

:eek:

is it possible to trace if a car is leased from a numberplate.a neighbour who has moved in a rented house i suspect is a drug dealer,changes cars every few weeks,cars visiting for 30 seconds all night etc etc.i want to get some evidence as the police arnt interested.

I don't know, but it's more likely to be a rental if it's changed that often.

Some leasing companies have their name printed on the bottom of the number plates.

HD

OP,

What do intend to do if you find the name of the leasing company?

Sometimes you are better off just walking away. If these people suspect you have been watching them they will cause you a load of trouble, in particular I would be concerned about the safety of my family. Only you can judge how much you can do safely to provide evidence to the police.

...Only you can judge how much you can do safely to provide evidence to the police.

Just remember that the Police don't want you to provide "evidence" that they can use in court, they want you to provide information about what you have seen and why you believe what is going on is criminal.

They don't want you to attend court, just to provide the anon information.

Don't draw attention to yourself, just call CrimeStoppers and let them deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom