Number Plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
T

tanuie

Hi

I am looking to change the standard number plates on my car as they are scruffy and wanted customised plates with Mercedes logo on side - I have changed and bought many on ebay before but cannot seem to find any companies on ebay that do them, I also have tried searching the internet as well - can anyone help.

Thanks

That may be because logos like the Mercedes Star , football club crests and so on are not legal to display .
The only symbols permitted are the Union Flag , the four National flags of the UK , the Euro symbol , the letters designating UK or the individual countries.
While many like to display other logos or symbols, and most of us see no harm in them , they have been illegal for some time now and cannot be included on UK plates , hence registered platemakers no longer offer them .
You may find platemakers outwith the UK who will produce something that looks broadly like a UK plate , but it won’t be legal and a strict MOT tester or particularly zealous policeman could pick up on it .

In practice, if an ANPR camera can read the plates there's no reason for anyone to look any closer at them. - If they get flagged as unreadable, that's a good reason to pull you over an investigate further.

I have a 100% legit plate and would not want it any other way.

BUT - when ordering my plates I did spot several websites (mostly from Ireland) that had an 'anything goes' attitude.

On another note, when finally ordering my plates (off Amazon), no questions were asked... i.e. no V5 etc was requested, just put in your VRM and off you go. Which I thought was odd....

The plates themselves are great, fully legal obviously, but the manufacturer's details are on purpose minimised both in size and in text to the bare minimum required in law so that it can hardly be seen from a distance, which is great.

I used Plates For Cars based on Ireland. Very good value. If you tick the appropriate I’d they will make plates up with the Mercedes logo. I have the standard Euro flag on mine....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom