nurburgring 2015 trip car preparation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rawc43

Car
c55AMG
Hi all

Me and 2 other members are going to the Nurburgring in June so Ive done a bit to my w202 hopefully to make it handles better than last year

Here is what I did

Michelin pilot sport cup tyres with team dynamics pro race wheels with this set up iam saving 8kg per corner over my road wheels.

Sport front bumper with splitter. I had to get a sport front bumper as there is no splitter for the c43 front bumper

Is probably focus on a solid set of brakes. You'll understand how vicious the track can be as you've been before, so I'd start with a big brake kit.

Edit: looks like you've got brakes sorted?!

Michelin pilot sport cup tyres with team dynamics pro race wheels with this set up iam saving 8kg per corner over my road wheels.

8kg per wheel & tyre combo? That's really a great reduction. Would you know what the weight of old -v- new and the weight of the Team Dynamics wheel less tyre. Thanks.

Is probably focus on a solid set of brakes. You'll understand how vicious the track can be as you've been before, so I'd start with a big brake kit.

Edit: looks like you've got brakes sorted?!

yeah ive got the slk55 front brakes. when I first did the brakes I used the c32/c55 w203 discs with yellowstuff pads but still had a not so great pedal fell. But now ive fitted the slk 2 piece discs and oem pads the brake pedal give so much confidence.

8kg per wheel & tyre combo? That's really a great reduction. Would you know what the weight of old -v- new and the weight of the Team Dynamics wheel less tyre. Thanks.

Yeah the front road wheels weigh 27kg with tyres
the front track wheels weigh 19kg with tyres

the rear road wheels weigh 28kg with tyres
the rear track wheels weigh 20kg with tyres

Yeah the front road wheels weigh 27kg with tyres
the front track wheels weigh 19kg with tyres

the rear road wheels weigh 28kg with tyres
the rear track wheels weigh 20kg with tyres

Wow, those road wheels & tyres are heavy. Thanks for the info. :thumb:

Justin1600 said:
Good work :thumb: Thinking of taking my C43 around the ring this year :D

Yeah well we are going on the 7th and coming back on 10th of June it would be nice to meet up at the ring

Always see lots of M3's, 328i's etc out there. It's nice to see a well prepared Merc for a change. Pity I won't be there until September this year.

kwk said:
Always see lots of M3's, 328i's etc out there. It's nice to see a well prepared Merc for a change. Pity I won't be there until September this year.

Yeah you are Wright about the bms to many

But I think a merc can be just as much fun

nb_racing said:
When you realise you've built a DTM car???:confused::crazy::bannana:

Now that sounds like a plan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom