Nurburgring Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55MO

Car
C63 AMG 2009
Looking for some advice..

Going to Germany in the 55k in September. 2 nights in the nurburgring villa.

over the 2 days i dont plan to going crazy on the circut. But would still like as much advice as possible. at the moment im thinking of getting 4 laps in 2 on each day.. But as with all things if they go well i may well be getting a few more in.

I will be going with 3 E46 M3's :rolleyes:

At the moment i have completed or have booked in the following work:

oil and filter change
new brakes - To be fitted 4th August @ MSL
brake fluid change - Thank you PCS
Gearbox oil change - Thank you PCS
rear tyres fitted less than 2k miles - Goodyear
New front tyres - Goodyear - To be fitted
4 wheel alignment and all round balance check - To be done
83 mm pulley and eurocharge map to be upgraded to 77mm Pully + Remap :bannana: - To be fitted 4th august
Split cooling to be fitted once the kit arrives from the states, hopefully in time for the 4th August trip. :dk:

Additional things on list:

AA Euro Cover
Euro drving pack
cheap Go Pro Alternative :rolleyes:
Driving gloves??? :dk:
Decent sun glasses

Have i missed anything?

lol

don't think a fat brown bloke would be able to pull those off

lol

don't think a fat brown bloke would be able to pull those off

If he catches you he might :eek:

:D :D

How about special insurance for the 'Ring?

insurance has been sorted. heard horror stories of people who crash on the ring with no insurance..

my normal insurance covers me to drive in europe

insurance has been sorted. heard horror stories of people who crash on the ring with no insurance..

my normal insurance covers me to drive in europe

99.9% of UK insurance co's will cover 3rd party ins requirements, and then specifically exclude the ring. If you T-bone someone they will be able to claim from your insurance....but, your insurance will chase you for repayment.

Jim

Map - I just got back from a track day at the Ring (in my m3) but with the eurotunnel disruption I had to take a 1 hour detour around Calais and that's when a map goes in real handy (compared to a GPS).

Also I don't know anyone who has Tourist day insurance cover for the Ring.

Make sure what ever brakes you are upgrading to are up to the job. They will be the first thing that gets fried.

I went last year, (Twice) first thing is get there as early as you can, the track will be nice and quite first thing.

Don't time yourself whatever you do just enjoy the experience.

Insurance is available but it will be basic cover, i don't think there is any uk insurance company that will cover you, i paid about £250 for a days insurance but it was fairly basic.

The second time i went i hired a car Renault Megane R26r, the Nurburgring is hard on cars, brakes and suspension get a hammering it is not that smooth.

Have fun though, if you drink larger you'll be okay, if you like beer choose wine as cloudy beer is horrible :fail

I went last year, (Twice) first thing is get there as early as you can, the track will be nice and quite first thing.

Don't time yourself whatever you do just enjoy the experience.

Insurance is available but it will be basic cover, i don't think there is any uk insurance company that will cover you, i paid about £250 for a days insurance but it was fairly basic.

The second time i went i hired a car Renault Megane R26r, the Nurburgring is hard on cars, brakes and suspension get a hammering it is not that smooth.

Have fun though, if you drink larger you'll be okay, if you like beer choose wine as cloudy beer is horrible :fail

Thank you all for your advice

The E55k I doubt is designed for the track therefore il only be going on the track for the experience... the autobhan is what I'm looking forward too... combined with the few mods this will be an experience. ..

In terms of ins I have cover in Europe as I often drive to France for work.. the insurance for the ring is basic cover and us being sorted out for me..

Never thought to get a map.. will add this too the list!

Best I have used recently.

Do you cover “Touristfahrten” days at Nurburgring Nordschleife?

Yes we can provide a quotation to cover for your car on a Tourist day at Nurburgring

Also important

Do you cover damage to the Armco barriers at Nuburgring Nordschleife, as I understand I am liable for repair/replacement costs?

Yes you are indeed liable for damage caused to Armco barriers at “The Ring”.

Our track day insurance policy for Nurburgring Nordschliefe automatically includes cover for up to £2,000 of costs for the Armco truck attendance plus removal and replacement of Armco.
There is an option on the quote request form to increase this sum insured to £4,000 for an additional premium.
In order to verify the claim you will need to provide a copy of the invoice from Nurburgring and you will be reimbursed for the costs.

Track Day Insurance from InsureMyTrackday.com

Last edited:
Thank you all for your advice

The E55k I doubt is designed for the track therefore il only be going on the track for the experience... the autobhan is what I'm looking forward too... combined with the few mods this will be an experience. ..

In terms of ins I have cover in Europe as I often drive to France for work.. the insurance for the ring is basic cover and us being sorted out for me..

Never thought to get a map.. will add this too the list!

If you need a map for the ring you probably should give it a miss.:D

Tony.

Suspension, steering and brakes before adding power.

Take it easy, the speed will come naturally without it feeling fast... :):)

When you have an "Oh far out" moment, listen to the inner voice.

Keep an eye on your mirrors.

Enjoy yourself - I am jealous. :):)

My advice is park any ego at the gate and engage sensible brain and of course have fun.

When are you there? I go over 3 or 4 times a year and will be there from 6th to 9th September inclusive.
By the way, depending on which way you go, there is none or very little unrestricted autobahn on the way.

When are you there? I go over 3 or 4 times a year and will be there from 6th to 9th September inclusive.
By the way, depending on which way you go, there is none or very little unrestricted autobahn on the way.

Oddly enough there's plenty down south still where the car companies live :)

Oddly enough there's plenty down south still where the car companies live :)

We went for a day trip to the Bodensee from the Stuttgart area a couple of years ago ... some lovely flat & smooth (very new looking) unrestricted autobahn, gorgeous weather, and very light traffic. Sadly we were in the Vito :D but I did get it up to about 115 mph (top speed is 122 IIRC).

Most of the old autobahns are restricted now - just as well since they're often fairly narrow and bumpy!

There is unrestricted autobahn from the 'Ring towards Koblenz and then on to Frankfurt but that is not on the way there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom