'Nurburgring' suspension pack for C55??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trando

Car
C63 AMG
Have just been reading one of the early C55 reviews in the May 2004 issue of Autocar (yeah I know......), where the author refers to the test car having the 'optional Nurburgring suspension pack fitted'. How would I know if my C55 had this option? Is there anything obvious I can check??
Thanks!

Apologies - have probably posted this in the wrong section... Feel free to move...

I assume you've still got the build card in the owners pack, or maybe you could run the VIN through one of the on-line decoders?

Failing that, I could ask Alison what boxes she ticked when she bought it.. ;)

Cheers,

Gaz

That's a little spooky..... !!! But if she knows........

I've kept the plate despite having my own personal one - I like the AM55 start. Obviously the last 3 letters are her initials. I love the car - although I will be looking at a C63 soon. I understand that's what she's got as well??

There aren't many Tansanite Blue C55's about! I saw the photos you posted when you bought it and put 2 and 2 together.

You're right, she traded it in for a black C63. I've not been in it, but apparently it's a right beast..

Cheers,

Gaz

I've not seen another one in that colour...

She looked after it very well - it's in excellent nick. Next time you speak to her send her my thanks!!!

Let me know what you get offered in PX when you go shopping for a C63. I couldn't afford to match it last time, but.. ;)

Cheers,

Gaz

Have just been reading one of the early C55 reviews in the May 2004 issue of Autocar (yeah I know......), where the author refers to the test car having the 'optional Nurburgring suspension pack fitted'. How would I know if my C55 had this option? Is there anything obvious I can check??
Thanks!

PM me your VIN (I know I have in the office somewhere but cant get to it at the moment), and i'll send you the full datacard for the car.

Thanks Alfie - appreciate that.

So the datacard shows a code and it's description as follows:

165 Rear Axle Gear/DCSA Handling

Anyone know what that means?

Thanks

Trando

I don`t see a point of you tradeing your car!I remember when we was talking in brooklands when you had a go on the c63,you`ve said that there is not much difference!Just wondering though,why?

Have had a few goes in one since then - not at Brooklands - and it's growing on me big time... don't get me wrong cos I love my C55 but you know how it is, once you get used to it, you just want more power...

Have had a few goes in one since then - not at Brooklands - and it's growing on me big time... don't get me wrong cos I love my C55 but you know how it is, once you get used to it, you just want more power...

power corrupts and it corrupts absolutely ...

Agreed!

Anyway, back to the main point of this thread:

Alfie has kindly produced a datacard for my C55 and on it has the following code and description.

165 Rear Axle Gear/DCSA Handling

Anyone know what that means?

Thanks

Trando

Sounds like you need the data card for one or more other C55s to see if this is the Nurburgring pack.

You could try emailing AMG?

My datacard has the same info so not to sure. However, when i purchased the Bilstein P16 coilovers for my C55 earlier this year i recall reading that they had been heavily tested at the Nurburg.

tudu

hi, not quite familiar with how to use this, but anyway alloysdirect advised me to get in contact with u as u may be able to help me find some alloy wheels. kleeman ts-7's..

do u know a place i can get them?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom