• Tuesday night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wednesday night

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Any other night or not bothered

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DR1VER

Car
1983 Mercedes 500SE, 1964 Ford Galaxie Conv, 2001 Land Rover Discovery V8, 1972 Toyota Crown Coupe
Hi
This follows on from a previous post, just thought i'd make a new one with all details on.

The meet will be on the 1st tuesday of the month at 7.30pm at http://www.camrawigan.org.uk/dbview.asp?Id=296 So the first one will be on the 1st of August. Look forward to seeing you there.

So far we have

Mark and Fiona,
Gollom + poss
Ian and Coupe
Rich with 300D (me)
Timmy
GazCaff

Last edited by a moderator:
So far we have

Mark and Fiona,
Gollom + poss
Ian and Coupe
Rich with 300D (me)
Timmy
GazCaff
Mike

Just to prevent those who don't know getting lost. Juction 25 has limited access, you can only exit junction 25 on the northbound carriageway and you can only join the M6 onto the southbound carriageway.

If any of you are travelling southbound on the M6, you will have to exit at junction 24 and then turnaround onto the northbound carriageway to get to junction 25.

Cheers Brian, thanks for that. I assume we can post photos in there can we?

timmy said:
.......or travel both north and south on the A49:D

If you fancy a drive through Wigan or Ashton, yeah.

I try to avoid driving through Wigan nowadays, the road layout is bloody awful.

timmy said:
Cheers Brian, thanks for that. I assume we can post photos in there can we?

Yes, after the event, just add as normal mate.

We can start a new sticky each month if the venue changes, as your present title will not fit??? Or shall I change the title? To what?

Well it's not really for me to say what it should be changed to, as it was not my idea. However, common sense would suggest that , if after Tuesdays meeting, we decide it is to become a regular, monthly, North West GTG, then maybe it should be called The Monthly North West GTG. Perhaps Dr1ver would like some input on the title.:)

I somehow just knew that you would come up with that:D :D :D . However, we must be SEEN to be sensible, the truth maybe much different, but we must be seen to be sensible!

Hi Guys, not bothered what you call it, dont worry I wont take offence! I'm looking forward to tuesday, i'm off all day too so 300D will be gleaming if the weather is decent.

I'm impressed with the response so spread the word!

See y'all on tuesday night!

:eek: Dr1ver, you are comming in a diesel? Whats wrong with the 300_24?

My thoughts too Ian, was looking forward to seeing the white beast........and the car too:D

Yeah, afraid so. the 300E-24 has headgasket issues. I guess its through lack of use as its only done 100 miles in the past 3 years. Its all tucked up in the garage ready to have a load of money thrown at it over winter to make it concourse.

Has anyone got this months merc enthusiast? Theres a good article on a 300e-24 with the same miles as mine.

the 300D is the quietest w124 i've owned so I love it. I miss the extra 100bhp but its good on the wallet.

DR1VER said:
Yeah, afraid so. the 300E-24 has headgasket issues. I guess its through lack of use as its only done 100 miles in the past 3 years. Its all tucked up in the garage ready to have a load of money thrown at it over winter to make it concourse.

Has anyone got this months merc enthusiast? Theres a good article on a 300e-24 with the same miles as mine.

That's a bummer! Ah well

Anybody got this mag who would be willing to scan the article? I'll keep an eye open for the mag itself but not seen it anywhere.

Thanks

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom