NW London body/paint shop recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanD

Car
CLS55 AMG IWC
Frustratingly, two of my trusted body/paint shops have closed in recent years leaving me not knowing where to go for some repair work. Paint shops have to be the most unreliable businesses in the UK in terms of quality, so recommendations really do matter!

Anyone used someone in the NW London direction (or 10-15 miles around) that they could recommend? Any MBClub members have their own business?

Deleted!

I did know a place but just searched for them and the reviews weren't great.

This was 11 years ago so I guess a lot can change in that time - especially from what you've suggested in your post!

Last edited:
I'm in half a mind to ring my insurance company up and ask who they use! I've seen some really bad jobs from some local ones ..

It's a good idea...

The one I was going to recommend was from an insurance-chosen job...

Lol .. who are they so I can avoid then?? ;)

Lol .. who are they so I can avoid then?? ;)

You have a PM!

I don't think it is fair to list them because, whilst they might be pants now, they could also be good - my 11 year ago experience is not really representative now!

Thanks for the suggestions so far both public and PM .. all within about a 2 mile radius of Park Royal/Wembley funnily enough!

I may well try and brave the traffic to get down there at the weekend, since a good job is far more important than convenience, but if anyone had any more recommendations a few A40/M40 miles out towards the M25, that would be mighty lovely :bannana: :dk:

Frustratingly, two of my trusted body/paint shops have closed in recent years leaving me not knowing where to go for some repair work. Paint shops have to be the most unreliable businesses in the UK in terms of quality, so recommendations really do matter!

Anyone used someone in the NW London direction (or 10-15 miles around) that they could recommend? Any MBClub members have their own business?

Garage Services | Ital Coachworks | Accident Repair | Bodywork Repair

Just wanted to come back on this thread with a feedback update. I used Andy's Autobarn in the end. Not quite the closest, but best combination of price and response, so went with him.

Andy was incredibly flexible and met me while I was down that way on a Sunday (despite being closed). Absolutely top job on the bumper, which is never an easy match of plastic vs. metal around it. Sorted out that nasty quarterpanel dent and again perfect paint matching all around .. fixed up a couple of minor scratches in the vicinity and even gave my headlights a nice polish.

If you want to see pictures, have a look at my currently active eBay add since it's now for sale! :D
2004 Mercedes C55 AMG 5.4 V8 | eBay

All round best job I could have hoped for from a lovely guy. Great little business and would recommend it highly! :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom