O2 customers get a life.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Yes with the recent failure of the O2 mobile network O2 , GiffGaff and Tesco Mobile customers have given a second chance to "GET A LIFE " Instead of posting tweets, "trending" or telling their friends they had marmalade on their toast they can start speaking to their fellow human beings using the old fashioned skill of face to face conversation or using a landline. :rolleyes:
This is major failure is O2’s second in two weeks. In June, thousands of customers were left unable to send texts for a whole day. shock horror :eek:
O2 is owned by the Spanish company Telefonica--- jeez they won the European cup isn't that enough.:p
O2 customers suffer nationwide network failure - Telegraph

They should switch to T-Mobile. They will then get used to having no signal most of the time. This makes the moments when a signal is available very special.

I thought that my phone had found a new network named "searching no signal". This is what it tells me most of the time.

The i-phone combined with T mobile would be good too Bruce
as they seem to be able to do everything but make telephone calls:doh:
The facility to lose every call or the need to redial due to poor reception is exceptional

just move to Vodafone.. the only network with a full resilient ip backbone .....

Im with them but can only ever get a lackluster 3G reception.

Im with them but can only ever get a lackluster 3G reception.

Indeed - please forward your complaint to Ofcom - as soon as they sign off the 3g roll out over the old 900mhz 2g spectrum we will be able to switch the masts over and boost 3g coverage to nearly 98%...

The 900Mhz frequency gives much greater range from masts than the 2100Mhz band that is currently permitted.

Not good if your business depends on O2 network? Thats why I've been with Vodafone for 24 years :thumb: never an issue and when it occasionally does go wrong they treat their customers well :thumb:

I blame Bob (Barclays) Diamond for all of this, and I think he broke my rear suspension on my C55 and blew up the engine in my C240. I'm fairly sure that he may also have started WWII. Bloody bankers.

I blame Bob (Barclays) Diamond for all of this, and I think he broke my rear suspension on my C55 and blew up the engine in my C240. I'm fairly sure that he may also have started WWII. Bloody bankers.

Or could have been Fred the Shread...?

My experiences of Vodafone are total rubbish to be honest! Their customer service is almost as bad as apple!

My experiences of Vodafone are total rubbish to be honest! Their customer service is almost as bad as apple!

But at least they have a network that doesn't break and are by miles the best for data. :D

All carriers use essentially the same equipment and infrastructure. All have the same potential to go titties up.

All carriers use essentially the same equipment and infrastructure. All have the same potential to go titties up.

No they dont. That is like saying all cars use wheels thus reliability will be the same.....

I have been doing an experiment with all the major phone networks in terms of 3G reception as I stream internet radio in the car to and from work. i.e. into and out of London from Surrey.
My business Iphone 4S is on Vodafone and they do seem to have 3G issues in areas.
I have got a personal Iphone 4S and then bought payg micro-sims from all the major suppliers 02, Orange, T mobile, 3, Vodafone.
I have then used the sims to try out and see which suffered most from dropouts.
My results indicates that TMobile is best followed by Orange and 3 in joint second, Vodafone is 3rd with o2 last.
3 seems to have the best offering if you stream at higher rates with their £15 all you can eat data so I can stream 128K internet radio without worrying about extar data costs.

apparently people want compensation now for the loss of service. OK, i know its a hassle and all that, but, compensation?! really??

apparently people want compensation now for the loss of service. OK, i know its a hassle and all that, but, compensation?! really??

I'm sure O2 like most other suppliers of everything will expect payment in full for every second their service is used, therefore it's hardly unreasonable to expect them to credit their customers for the time when the (paid for) service is unavailable.
We're with Vodafone which quite honestly isn't very good and we've considered changing when our current contract expires and ironically switching to O2 which had a very good rep amongst users here....better the devil one knows and all that methinks!

Last edited:
I was one of vodafone's first customers. I stayed with them for many years until I got fed up with their coverage and uncompetitive tarrifs. I switched to O2 and whilst the recent issue was annoying for some (it didnt affect me at all), it was nowhere near as bad the outage Vodafone had.

I have now been with O2 for many years and have all the family phones with them. They are all iphones too so we have one set of chargers, free texts between each other and one bill. Oh and no outages.

Can't fault them at all to be honest.

I wouldnt go back to vodafone for one reason amongst many and that is their voicemail system. Its utterly dreadful. the phone just keeps ringing until you pick up the messages. The O2 voicemail on the iphone is supurb. If there is a voicemail you get a message on the screen ONCE! You can then listen to it whenever you like. there is anice list of those messages waiting so you can pick and choose which ones to listen to in any order you choose. You can see who they are from and delete those that are of no interest.

I wouldnt go back to vodafone for one reason amongst many and that is their voicemail system. Its utterly dreadful. the phone just keeps ringing until you pick up the messages...

Operator error on your part... you can have it ring you, display the symbol on handset or drop you a text....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom