O2

• Thread starter Deleted member 11979
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 11979

No phone for me at all today, data or calls.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the cfo of Huawei being arrested in Canada?

Love a good conspiracy theory

Unconnected since O2 are no longer under control of BT.

But are owners of Huawei phones bothered about data theft now?

To add to the conspiracy, O2 (telefonica) recently migrated much of its data infrastructure (sms) to Huawei kit.

Cue twilight zone music...

Ericsson software problem.
Not end of the world after all

O2 has said that the software issue that left millions of customers unable to use any data services worldwide yesterday was down to a flaw in Ericsson certificates.

The fault also affected Japanese users of the SoftBank network, as well as carriers who use O2's network like Sky Mobile, GiffGaff and Tesco Mobile. TfL's timetable service and some NHS trusts were also affected.

Ericsson, which manufactures much of the equipment used in modern cellular networks, says that the fault was due to an expired software certificate in a version of its management software.

The company said, ‘During December 6, 2018, Ericsson...identified an issue in certain nodes in the core network resulting in network disturbances for a limited number of customers in multiple countries using two specific software versions of the SGSN-MME (Serving GPRS Support Node - Mobility Management Entity).'

It added, ‘An initial root cause analysis indicates that the main issue was an expired certificate in the software versions installed with these customers. A complete and comprehensive root cause analysis is still in progress. Our focus is now on solving the immediate issues.'

Reactions: Ted
My GPS tracker was crippled somewhat: no text replies, but still sent out GPS data okay (as it's using GPRS, aka 2G).
Back to normal now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom