obd 2 scanners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnnyLou

Car
mb 220 cdi estate
Hello guys, I need to buy a obd 2 diagnostic tool , I have 2 Mercedes , a 2008 c class and a 2010 c class saloon they are both diesels....some advice please on the best tool to buy ....I need a basic but good tool that will give most of the info I req. thanks

Well I use a iCarsoft i980 it covers all the Mercedes models,of course it is not a Star,but then it costs around £80

Just purchased an icarsoft mb2, great but of kit and has recently helped me immensely.

It was £128 from an eBay seller.

Just purchased an icarsoft mb2, great but of kit and has recently helped me immensely.

It was £128 from an eBay seller.

Just used the above to disable the SBC system so I can do the pre winter clean of my brakes. Very simple and handy feature.

I too have the iCarsoft scanner. Great bit of kit for the money, but yes, it's not Star, but neither is it the cost of star. Great for simple diagnostics and clearing the MIL/SRS light once the fault is rectified

Also note that you cannot do stuff like airfilter replacement adaptation reset with the icarsoft device.

can anyone recommend (excluding star) a device that does air filter replacement adaption cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom