OBD fault codes P0130, 150, 443

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynall

MB Enthusiast
Car
The silver one.
Following on from my mpg cold weather post i dug out my code tester and plugged the old girl in and the 3 faults listed above came up, P1030 and P0150 which are to do with both pre cat oxygen sensors.

I think the last one was 0443 (im getting old) and was to do with emissions vac valve which was going mad clickong away very fast its bolted to the nearside inner wing so am presuming its the egr control valve.

Any idea what i need to change?

Has the egr gone wrong and screwd the sensors up?

Will plug code reader in on way to work later and see what the sensors are switching at if they are switching at all.

Engine light goes out on start up and stays out.

My code reader doesnt tell me how many times the faults have occured.

Last checked codes when i got the car about 5 k ago and all was okay.

Lynall

my guess would be Air mass sensor..... just had a similar issue and changed the O2 sensor which didnt do anything then changed the MAS sensor all is good

Make sure you buy OEM part as copies are very cheap but start to fault alot faster,,,, bosch is probably the best one to get

Raj

I think the valve you are referring to is controlling evacuation of the petrol tank charcoal filter. This designed to absorb petrol tank vapour while the car stationary. After a while it gets saturated so it is periodically evacuated while the engine is running. This is controlled via the solenoid valve controlled by the Engine ECU which connects the charcoal filter to the inlet manifold vacuum to evacuate it.
If there is anything wrong with the valve or this system it may result in a leak into the inlet manifold weakening the mixture- this might flag up the error codes on your pre cat lambda sensors. Perhaps worth checking out the pipe work the valve and filter for leaks /malfunction. There will be 2 pipes leading the valve- one should lead to the inlet manifold the other to the filter. Is this the valve 5 you are talking about? http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...509722.605&CT=F&cat=45P&SID=47&SGR=060&SGN=04

Last edited:
Certainly looks like it:) will have a look later, read codes before i posted yesterday, cleared faults, drove to work read codes again, no faults:confused:
Looked at o2 sensors for both banks and they seemed to be switching okay.

Will have a look at pipework and filter later today, think i have read somewhere that charcoal vapour pipe is linked to egr somehow.

Was still clicking like a good un when i got home.

Thanks for the replies.

Lynall

Was still clicking like a good un when i got home.

It will be as it's designed to pulse to evacuate the cannister without causing a sufficent air leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom