OBD II. Would this work with a W220?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul S320CDi

Car
S320 CDi LWB
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBD2-ELM-327-USB-Scanner-Tool-CAN-Bus-OBD-OBD-II-V1-2a_W0QQitemZ150281971030QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150281971030&_trkparms=72%3A636|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Do you think this would work on a 2002 W220? It says it should work on an MB but it's not specific about model/year.

for £3 I doubt it.

The only system that will work with all the systems on your car is a Star.

for £3 I doubt it.

The only system that will work with all the systems on your car is a Star.

True but it too costs more than £3. I guess some of the OBDII devices are good enough for reading most common fault codes at least?

Edited: I realised the £3 wasn't the current bid but the buy now price. I wouldn't buy it (doesn't mean it could not be good).

Last edited:
I know it's cheap on ebay, but other websites are selling the same thing for £50+

I've just bought one anyway. Apparently you can use other software with it. I was looking on Youtube and there are some interesting apps about. (search for ELM 327)

If in the end it doesn't work, it's cost me less than £20.

I know it's cheap on ebay, but other websites are selling the same thing for £50+

I've just bought one anyway. Apparently you can use other software with it. I was looking on Youtube and there are some interesting apps about. (search for ELM 327)

If in the end it doesn't work, it's cost me less than £20.

I was more afraid that you don't get anything for the £3 but of course it could be that someone just wants to get rid of a device he does not need at all.

If you do get something, please report how it works.

Well I received it a couple of days ago. I think the actual hardware is probably just a standard RS-232 to USB interface. Taking it apart the PCB is beautifully manufactured. The cables alone are worth the money. I really don't know how it was made for the price.

My car is away having the locks looked at so I cannot try it, but it works on my fathers Volvo V40.
pcbwq1.jpg

boxjt1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom