OBD2 Connections

Discussion in 'MB Defectors to Other Marques Forum' started by normanr, Nov 9, 2008.

1. normanr

normanr Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Hi all
    I am back to the best forum for some information (I hope)
    I contacted the main dealer for my car regards OBD2 compliant and he said yes I then contacted a scanner supplier with all my car information and he said yes.
    I bought the scanner (This One)http://www.ukobd.co.uk/gstore/store/g_viewItem.asp?idProduct=90

It will not connect to the ECU I have a 16 pin connector by the steering wheel with connections on Pins 2-5-9-11-12 going into Google it says pin 2 is the plus line for SAE J1850 and Pin 10 is the minus line for it but as you can see I do not have a connection on that pin.
    I am on the Lexus forum as my car is a GS300 Sport bought after I sold my Mercedes C-200 but it is a very dormant site regards help unlike this one.

Thanks
    Norman

2. miro

miro Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 slightly modified
    OBD2 increased in speed several years ago and a lot of these scanners on the market were made for 2000-2005 speeds.