OBD2 Diagnostic Program's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianjay

Car
Mercedes S320cdi
Hi All.
Does anyone know of an OBD2 program that will fully work on Mercedes cars?
I have tried numerous different ones, some will not even log on, and some will not recognize the ecu.
However, I have two that will work, but only give the very basic readouts, ie: no more info than you can get from the dials on the dash, like temperatures, rpm etc etc, but none that will display full info and any fault codes.
I am using a laptop connected via an ELM 327 v1.2a unit that plugs into the OBD2 socket under the steering wheel dash, (Standard 16 pin socket) on my S320 cdi W220 2002.
Any ideas or help would be gratefully received.
Ian J.

A Star is the only diag equipment worth using. I can get one for £700 for you.

Hi Olly.
OUCH! I have been using free downloads from the internet, I'm afraid my pension won't stretch anywhere near £70 far less £700.
Although it would be very nice to have one, I will have to stay with the internet.
Many thanks anyway.
Ian J

As a budget code reader, we bought a Mac Tools Scanner and it is very good for the price..
We use it for quick code reading and it works a treat.

I already have an ELM237 OBD2 unit that plugs into the lap top via the USB port, so all I need is the software to run it.
So far I have tried just about everything on the internet including, scan-tool, VLC 1.1.10, easy OBD2, AA1, Star Tec versions a0801, a0803 and a0805 and Digimoto to name a few.
Only 3 of the above locked into the car but only gave temperatures and rpm.
All the rest either would not accept connection or stated that they could not find the ecu, or that the car was not obd2 compliant!
So if anyone knows of a program that works Please Please let me know.
Many thanks.
Ian J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom