obd2 scanner wont communicate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tmedri

Car
ML 320 w164
Hi guys 3 different scanners power up when plugged into socket but cannot communicate . what should i be looking for on car that will cause this . the car is Mercedes ml 320 w164 cdi 2006
also where is the engine ECU .
thanks guys

Hi,
I would begin by checking the fuse ....looks like a 55 or 58. ...data link??
here is a fusebox guide ...... Mercedes-Benz ML-Class (W164) (2005-2011) Fuse Diagram • FuseCheck.com

ECU location ...try below

as usual.......Google is your friend.

What scan tools are you using? I have never had a problem with the Icarsoft 2. Ensure the cable is pushed securely in the hole, perhaps give it a wiggle in case there is some corrosion on the pins. Also check that the correct vehicle is selected on your scan tool menu.

Steve

As above.

The OBDII 16-pin socket has live 12v feed at all times, on pin no. 16 (see below), protected by a 7.5A fuse. Check if you are getting 12v on that pin.

Screenshot-20220120-233911-Chrome.jpg

If the scanners power up when plugged in, it looks as though there's 12V on pin 16.

I've had the iCarsoft refuse to communicate with a car sometimes, but starting the engine has always solved the problem and got it working.

Hi,
I would begin by checking the fuse ....looks like a 55 or 58. ...data link??
here is a fusebox guide ...... Mercedes-Benz ML-Class (W164) (2005-2011) Fuse Diagram • FuseCheck.com

ECU location ...try below

as usual.......Google is your friend.

What scan tools are you using? I have never had a problem with the Icarsoft 2. Ensure the cable is pushed securely in the hole, perhaps give it a wiggle in case there is some corrosion on the pins. Also check that the correct vehicle is selected on your scan tool menu.

Steve
Hi i will be using icarsoft v3 dedicated Mercedes tool. Im waiting for the rear SAM and the rear fuse and relay holder to come back from the engineers before i can reconnect the battery and try the new scanner

If the scanners power up when plugged in, it looks as though there's 12V on pin 16.

I've had the iCarsoft refuse to communicate with a car sometimes, but starting the engine has always solved the problem and got it working.
Trouble is the car wont start or even crank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom