OBDII CODE READER....ALDI £14.99

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm going.

£10 or less on eBay....

If you have a smart phone you will be better off with an ELM327 type adapter and some free app as it will be updated more often and can link to specific codes from the internet.
For those less techy types though this will be OK.

Aldi have a 60 day money back warranty for those who find it is not to their liking. Just send it back, or take it back with original receipt. No reason needed for the return.
I have ordered one. I will try it out, if not suitable I will return it for my money back.:)

They recently had a Parkside 12v impact wrench kit which I bought and keep in the car in case a wheel change is needed. Kit contains driver, 1 LiIon 2Ah battery, 5 assorted wheel nut impact sockets, mains charger and an adapter battery that plugs into a standard car 12v outlet (cig lighter socket), all in a plastic briefcase. I even managed to get a second battery from the supplier in Germany, cost almost as much as the full kit (£40 for the kit, £35 for the spare battery!)

Mate of mine has a few Parkside cordless tools, they're pretty good - German made!!

Yup Aldi stuff is normally pretty good quality.

Got one of these today. plugged it into my S204. It went through the motions but did not bring up any results.
It either went back to the start screen or stated "no link" or something like that.

Not looking good but I only had five minutes to mess around with it. I will try it again later

Got one of these today. plugged it into my S204. It went through the motions but did not bring up any results.
It either went back to the start screen or stated "no link" or something like that.

Not looking good but I only had five minutes to mess around with it. I will try it again later

Not mb friendly then. Think I'll pass.

well, I did not give it much time as I was busy but it did not respond on a few attempts. I will try again tomorrow when I have more time.

I will try it on the Kia and the Audi and if it works on those I will keep it as I have an Icarsoft for the Mercs

I tried this again on the Merc. No joy-link error.

Tried it on the Kia. Had a better result on that. It scanned then said no codes.

Scrolled it to "Vin", it just kept flashing an arrow but did not bring up the Vin number.
Scrolled to "mil" nothing happened.

Think it is a useless heap of S*"t but will give it another chance tomorrow.

I have the "Joy Luxy" U480, cost about £9 as I recall (had it for a few years now) cars I have used it on are CLK, Nissan Micra K11 K12, Mazda, Honda, Ford, KIA Picanto etc works on them all, very basic but gives an idea on what's wrong and clears EML light.

I have the "Joy Luxy" U480, cost about £9 as I recall (had it for a few years now) cars I have used it on are CLK, Nissan Micra K11 K12, Mazda, Honda, Ford, KIA Picanto etc works on them all, very basic but gives an idea on what's wrong and clears EML light.

I think that anything would be better that this Aldi rig, from my experience of it so far.
whereas i did not expect it to be anywhere near as good as an icarsoft I thought it would be good enough to be handy as a back up.

Aldi have a 60 day money back warranty for those who find it is not to their liking. Just send it back, or take it back with original receipt. No reason needed for the return.
I have ordered one. I will try it out, if not suitable I will return it for my money back.:)
@WOODYTHEWISE did you try out this?

Hi, not as yet no. As you have had no joy with the one you purchased I may just return it. :)
Anyone else tried one?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom