OBDII fault reader

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baxlin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skoda Octavia and JZR 3 wheeler
I have a £20-ish OBDII reader which I used successfully on my 2006 diesel SAAB.

Does anyone know, please if this will be OK to use on Mrs Baxlin's 07 reg petrol Skoda Fabia, with the 1.2 ltr 3 cyl VW Polo engine?

I have the code list, but not the sales blurb................

It's recently started to tickover unevenly, and if revved in neutral, the revs don't drop for several seconds. I fear expensive electronic gizmo failure.

Many thanks in advance

Malcolm

Can you not just plug it in and see if it works?:dk:

kianok said:
Can you not just plug it in and see if it works?:dk:

Must admit, that's my normal style, and if the only possible results are that it will work or it won't, then that's what I'd do. But if there's a third possibility, that plugging it in might damage the car, then maybe I shouldn't.......

But thanks for the reply!

It won't damage the car, it will either work or not work. If your reader is a manufacturer specific one it will merely say car not recognized. It might work but not for all features.

Do you not have the model number on the unit that you can google?

Do you not have the model number on the unit that you can google?
DOH!! Blinding flash of the bloomin' obvious..........

I'll try that when I get home,

Thanks!!

baxlin said:
DOH!! Blinding flash of the bloomin' obvious.......... I'll try that when I get home, Thanks!!

Well, I found details of a similar one online, which said diesels 2004 on and Petrol 2001 on, so I gave it a try, having eventually found the socket on the car!

Good news is no codes found, bad news is it still has an irregular tick over, and the revs don't always drop back if revved in neutral.

Still, it's booked in to be looked at on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom