OBDLink SX EOBD OBD2 Diagnostic Interface

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

panason1c

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML270cdi, VW Polo 1.9 tdi, BMW K1200rs
Anyone know if the above code reader is suitable for my 2002 diesel ML, W163?

The reviews of it seem very good, any opinions on it?

Anyone know if the above code reader is suitable for my 2002 diesel ML, W163?

The reviews of it seem very good, any opinions on it?

What is it you are looking to do?

I have one and have used the free software with it which is OK but I also use ScanXL Professional which allows you to set alerts and customisable gauges. Great for data logging and viewing live data. I have found it works fine on pending codes (I also have a wifi one from Innovate which does not pick up pending codes even though it says it will)

If the live data won't mean anything to you then you might be better getting a simple hand held reader that will simply read and erase codes.

Neither option will give you much outside of the main engine faults that support ODB2

Hi,
My ml has always behaved itself, until recently, when it suddenly stopped on me with the epc warning light illuminated. Fortunately, i managed to find the fault which was a bad plug connection on one of the injectors but the experience has left me feeling that i do need a code reader to diagnose future problems.

Basically, i just want to read engine fault codes and then be able to erase them. I also have a Polo, 1.9 tdi sport and hope to be able to use the same reader on that also?

Reading the info on the obdlink sx gives me the impression that it has many more functions that a similarly priced handheld reader and seems good value for £49 (ebay).......

ps....... Can someone recommend a good reader suitable for a diesel 270cdi?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Live data is the only thing I can think of, downside is you need to also have a laptop connected.

Live data is the only thing I can think of, downside is you need to also have a laptop connected.

Thanks savman, laptop isnt a problem so obdlink sounds about right for me then. (-:

Just had an email from obdlink sx people telling me that it is not suitable for pre 2004 mercedes diesels, what other readers are suitable for mine?

Hello,

Could anybody recommend a fault code reader for 2000 reg ML270 CDI please. It should be able to read codes and clear them as well.

search doesn't give conclusive result :-(

I'd not like to spend fortune on STAR.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom