Obscuring Number Plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes ... a good example of plates that are made to look road-legal when they're not. The company isn't in the UK (despite a ".co.uk" website), which I guess is how they get away with it.
They do claim to be legal.
Looking legal vs actual road 0legal, I've no idea to be honest

...At that point I’m guessing you wish you had taxed and insured your own car :eek:

Not necessarily. It depends on whether you are 'Mummy' or 'Daddy'... :crazy:

Same here. I emailed them to check that they were legal and they said yes and they arrived with their postcode on and the BS number. They didn't ask for proof of ownership of my number though

Same here. I emailed them to check that they were legal and they said yes and they arrived with their postcode on and the BS number. They didn't ask for proof of ownership of my number though
Sarah, if your plates have the makers postcode and the British Standard markings (BS AU 145d or BS AU 145e) then they are legal*. If you found a company to make them without proof of ownership or proof of identity then that is great, it made the process a little easier for you.

*providing all other legalities are met ie. font style, font sizing and spacing.

If you found a company to make them without proof of ownership or proof of identity then that is great,
It's not though, is it? It makes cloning a doddle.

Yep, and you pick the UK legal font etc, it also makes you check your spacing, tells you if its incorrect.
I have used this company 4 times now, fantastic service, and you don't need to run about taking proof of ownership to motor factors.

You are correct it does make cloning a doddle, but in this case for Sarah who I presume isn't illegally cloning a registration/car then that is great for her.
That is all my comment was referring to, I wasn't condoning the actions of the company she used.

Yes, but there are always ways to do that, even without the convenience of a company like this.
My neighbour for example works for a car dealership, he could make me plates no problem

For road use you have to buy plates from a 'Registered Supplier', who must see proof of (1) your identity and address and (2) your entitlement for the registration number. Anything else isn't legal, but from a practical POV if the plates have the right font / spacing / etc. and even plausible looking BS marks etc. then you will get away with it without any problem. Which is where we came in - people obscure their reg. number in pictures on the forum because online suppliers like this make it very easy for anyone to clone your car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom