Obsessive Research!

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After months and months of looking at ovens, scratching my head trying to work out what was actually different between models which look identical but aren’t, and with pricing to suit, i have finally pulled the trigger and bought a couple of Bosch Series 8 ovens.

By fluke and coincidence one of the retailers I was looking at list on eBay and there was a 10% eBay voucher (up to £75), and when checking out I thought I had nothing to lose if did it in two transactions, in case teh code worked again …and it did, so £150 saved!

A local electrician will install them, saving another £210 on fitting and recycling compared to the online retailers we’d looked at. We put all of the savings back into buying higher spec models - as fancy as they are, unfortunately they won’t do the shopping, prep and sort the dishwasher!

It was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever had to work out and buy, it‘s a minefield. We flirted with Neff but fell for the more simple and subtle aesthetic of the Bosch Series 8 which has glass to the edge, minimal metalwork and minimal logos. Hopefully they’re as good as they look.

After months and months of looking at ovens, scratching my head trying to work out what was actually different between models which look identical but aren’t, and with pricing to suit, i have finally pulled the trigger and bought a couple of Bosch Series 8 ovens.

By fluke and coincidence one of the retailers I was looking at list on eBay and there was a 10% eBay voucher (up to £75), and when checking out I thought I had nothing to lose if did it in two transactions, in case teh code worked again …and it did, so £150 saved!

A local electrician will install them, saving another £210 on fitting and recycling compared to the online retailers we’d looked at. We put all of the savings back into buying higher spec models - as fancy as they are, unfortunately they won’t do the shopping, prep and sort the dishwasher!

It was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever had to work out and buy, it‘s a minefield. We flirted with Neff but fell for the more simple and subtle aesthetic of the Bosch Series 8 which has glass to the edge, minimal metalwork and minimal logos. Hopefully they’re as good as they look.
The Bosch ovens arrived earlier this week and were installed by a local electrician today, who used to work for a bigger firm but has just recently started up on his own.

I’m glad we chose to support someone starting their own business rather than opt for fitting from the retailer because the back of the cabinet had to be adjusted to fit.

He was very conscientious and courteous and did a good job. He’s quoting me to put outside sockets around the the house and gardens (can’t believe there are none now).

Edited to add: They’re “connected” and very clever but blooming heck there’s a lot to them. Maybe a case of getting used to it, or maybe I am just getting old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom