Obsessive Research!

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Reminds me of being out with my ex-wife and friends some years back. I noticed she was limping and asked if all was OK - apparently her shoes were hurting. I said they look new, and she said yes but were a size too small. I asked if she'd been shipped the wrong size and her reply lives with me forever - "No, but they didn't have my size in and they are so pretty" :rolleyes:

The above females also used to call (pre text!) each other when planning to go out and discuss the distance likely to be walked which in turn decided the shoe type "We need the 100yds shoes"

I just bought a replacement vacuum cleaner with only 5 mins research!
4 mins in and I felt my life blood draining, so went for it

The relief was palpable

PS not a Dyson or other massive brand loyalty, but just a cheapy that will work for it's 2 year guarantee

Mrs W says that if I was a Viking and we were preparing to raid the British Isles , I would still be stuck on the beach reading “What f@#ing longboat “ whilst the others started rowing to war .
So yes I do sometimes do too much research :wallbash: ;)

Mrs W says that if I was a Viking and we were preparing to raid the British Isles , I would still be stuck on the beach reading “What f@#ing longboat “ whilst the others started rowing to war .

Which Magazine did an interesting Article on "Which Longboat" 🤔 😏:rolleyes:

I am always up early, I tend to work from 06:15 till 15:00 ish, all WFH! 😏

Must be challenging starting work so early every day with a hangover. 🤪

Sometimes excessive research has benefits! Along with daughter and family we booked a camp holiday in Northern Italy for early September, daughter recently decided they'd rather drive than fly, so researched that yesterday afternoon and found it was 1100 miles each way (they have 2 very young children), so by the time you cost Eurotunnel, motorway fees (including Mont Blanc Tunnel), fuel, 1 hotel overnight, it all came to £500+ and 15+ hours of mainly motorway driving each way! Our original plan (just for us) of taking 3 1/2 days each way - and even going for the weeks' holiday - was a non starter due to Covid, so for us that kicked the holiday even further into touch! Haven't heard back from daughter yet whether they're reconsidering the driving down idea!! Downside is that we probably won't get any refund of what we've already paid, but it was one of those Sun £15 deals (which is actually £15 + this and that so actually about £150 paid already) - and even if we had travel insurance it's cancellation from choice not necessity, so mentally I've already written that money off.

Which Magazine did an interesting Article on "Which Longboat" 🤔 😏:rolleyes:

That was a sequel to 'Which Boots", "Which Helmet", "Which Shield", "Which Hammer", and "Which Animal Skin".

The next one will be "Which English Wench"....

It's all in the planning! :)

Measure twice, cut once ...

plan easiest route .... row slowly ... ravish at leisure.

Sometimes excessive research has benefits! Along with daughter and family we booked a camp holiday in Northern Italy for early September, daughter recently decided they'd rather drive than fly, so researched that yesterday afternoon and found it was 1100 miles each way (they have 2 very young children), so by the time you cost Eurotunnel, motorway fees (including Mont Blanc Tunnel), fuel, 1 hotel overnight, it all came to £500+ and 15+ hours of mainly motorway driving each way! Our original plan (just for us) of taking 3 1/2 days each way - and even going for the weeks' holiday - was a non starter due to Covid, so for us that kicked the holiday even further into touch! Haven't heard back from daughter yet whether they're reconsidering the driving down idea!! Downside is that we probably won't get any refund of what we've already paid, but it was one of those Sun £15 deals (which is actually £15 + this and that so actually about £150 paid already) - and even if we had travel insurance it's cancellation from choice not necessity, so mentally I've already written that money off.
If you or your daughter have not done it before, as long as you enjoy travelling then I would recommend driving as it’s a great experience, although as you’ve found out it’s not the inexpensive option. I’ve never worked out it but I would imagine £500 is still light.

My son was 3 years when we first drove to Italy and it wasn’t a problem at all, but we all enjoy travelling and driving specifically. For someone who doesn’t enjoy it, or perhaps in a small car crammed with luggage, it could be a painful experience!

It's all in the planning! :)

Measure twice, cut once ...

plan easiest route .... row slowly ... ravish at leisure.

and always always remember pillage before burning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom