Obsessive Research!

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Since the beginning of lockdown I’ve been researching hair clippers when the prices had sky rocketed and I had decided that as I wont be going anywhere the hair was free to thrive and believe me it did. I’m somewhere between the caveman and Rapunzel.
View attachment 99988
Now with the barbers open and the prices back to normal levels I have bought Wahl Colour pro styler at my local Sainsbury’s for hard to believe £13. It comes with combs up to 25mm, cape, oil, brush and scissors. Mrs MB is now watching Youtube tutorials for tomorrow first cut, hope it wont be first blood or an ear.
Mrs D has cut my hair three times now and has done an exceptional job, easily equal to the best hair cut I’ve ever had, which is amazing considering that the only hair she had previously ever cut was a doll’s!

We’ve decided to invest in a cape, as even doing it outside and naked 😳 the cut hair goes absolutely everywhere and sticks! Maybe we should get the same set as I bet a cape on it’s own costs just as much!

Mrs D has cut my hair three times now and has done an exceptional job, easily equal to the best hair cut I’ve ever had, which is amazing considering that the only hair she had previously ever cut was a doll’s!

We’ve decided to invest in a cape, as even doing it outside and naked 😳 the cut hair goes absolutely everywhere and sticks! Maybe we should get the same set as I bet a cape on it’s own costs just as much!

You lucky bugger Rob, Mrs Ant has been cutting my hair for 20 years but she's never once done it naked. I’ll have to put in a request. 🥳

Some thorough research finally concluded after several hours of study. I’ve just managed to chose a replacement shower hose from the hundreds on offer at Amazon. Whether or not the £16.99 will turn out to be well spent is yet to be determined. There are cheaper hoses and more expensive hoses, there are longer hoses and shorter hoses, there are hoses with narrower tubes, there are chrome plated plastic hoses and stainless steel hoses with plastic ends. It’s a minefield out there. Oh for those days of going to B&Q and choosing from the selection of just three!

Some thorough research finally concluded after several hours of study. I’ve just managed to chose a replacement shower hose from the hundreds on offer at Amazon. Whether or not the £16.99 will turn out to be well spent is yet to be determined. There are cheaper hoses and more expensive hoses, there are longer hoses and shorter hoses, there are hoses with narrower tubes, there are chrome plated plastic hoses and stainless steel hoses with plastic ends. It’s a minefield out there. Oh for those days of going to B&Q and choosing from the selection of just three!

Shower hoses are one of the few things I actually don’t need to research. I do hope you’ve picked wisely. 😁

Well Ant I think you and few others on here have to start a online cure,decide what thing you want and look at no more than three adverts and then buy whatever one you decide,then pour a alcoholic drink for yourself to steady the nerves or a cup of coffee if you are very boring,if you need to buy a few things online you continue to pour in my case a rum and coke every time and by the third item,everything gets so much easier.

Well Ant I think you and few others on here have to start a online cure,decide what thing you want and look at no more than three adverts and then buy whatever one you decide,then pour a alcoholic drink for yourself to steady the nerves or a cup of coffee if you are very boring,if you need to buy a few things online you continue to pour in my case a rum and coke every time and by the third item,everything gets so much easier.

An alcoholic drink?
A cup of coffee?
A rum?
A coke?

Which type??? 😯

Glad we have some fellow suffers, Im terrible research research research, and don't get me started on weiging ingredients out, this chefs measure drives me nuts, I bake my own bread and if the recipe says 400g of flour, 399 or 401 aint going to happen, drives the Mrs nuts, I'm an Engineer so Im blaming that :) :) . Think we need to set up a research group, imagine how long it would take to find a venue

What is the point of this forum if a member posts a warning and then another member goes and ignores the warning - to his own detriment? :fail::doh:

I am so sorry, I missed the "Obsession" At the start of the Post, probably because of my Obsession with being Obsessive with anything and Everything! :doh: :doh: 🤪 :rolleyes: :oops: 😏 🥳 :wallbash: :wallbash: :mad:

It took me three weeks to decide which Soft99 wax to get for my car. King of Gloss or Kiwami Extreme Gloss

Very long winded but glad I did the research, turned out one of the waxes came in four versions, one of which contained abrasives and really not recommended for my white metallic paint!

I ended up with Kiwami Silver! It’s good to research :)

.......... It’s good to research :)

Agreed ash. Research is good on certain things. But the point of the thread is people (like me) who do unnecessary needless research on boring day to day items.

Well, obsessive Research paid off over the weekend. This time it was a Roof rack and door ladder for the van. Opted for the Rhino brand. Not cheap at around £140 more expensive than most the others but after just fitting it I realise why. Very good quality and really strong. Well chuffed.

Can't believe I am now researching this thread to determine what causes us to research so obsessively in the first instance :p

I was researching a car cover for the Wolseley as it's nearly finished after a 2 year renovation and, although it'll be under cover, it's an open barn-type, so morning sun plus the black redstarts who like to crap from the beams mean the new paintwork will need a breathable cover resistant to UV ... the quality one we brought over for the XK had a soft lining which simply fell to pieces in the heat and with the UV, so wanted to be sure I got the right one for the conditions.

Do you know how many companies sell car covers in all shapes, sizes, colours, with/without wing mirror pockets, indoor, outdoor, indoor/outdoor, vinyl, plastic, lined/unlined, basic, superior, premium, super premium, etc.

It was doing my head in ... in the end, I ordered a new carpet set for the Wolseley from Coverdale and they also have a range of covers. I ordered one from them as the cost of postage for the cover was zero, when added to the carpet set.

My Yorkshire mum would have been proud. Whether it's the best one for the car I still have no idea ... but a bargain is not to be sniffed at.

Old habits die hard.

That just reminded me of my elderly father in law. A few years ago I commented on his new shoes:

“Yeah, got them last week from a charity shop. A size and a half too small but they were only 4 quid”
:doh:

Reminds me of being out with my ex-wife and friends some years back. I noticed she was limping and asked if all was OK - apparently her shoes were hurting. I said they look new, and she said yes but were a size too small. I asked if she'd been shipped the wrong size and her reply lives with me forever - "No, but they didn't have my size in and they are so pretty" :rolleyes:

Reminds me of being out with my ex-wife and friends some years back. I noticed she was limping and asked if all was OK - apparently her shoes were hurting. I said they look new, and she said yes but were a size too small. I asked if she'd been shipped the wrong size and her reply lives with me forever - "No, but they didn't have my size in and they are so pretty" :rolleyes:

As in "what kind of car do you have?"

"A red one"

On another theme, the missus is constantly berating me for buying stuff "because it's a bargain and you never know when it's going to come in handy".

As if I could find where I put it, anyway.

I just say to her "Foot spa" .... she had to have it and it just sits there on its lonesome, unused, unloved, in a corner of the spare bedroom. I make sure it stays out in the open!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom