Occasional misfire Mercedes Mechanic Baffled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kolobos

Car
SL400 AMG Sport 2015
Hi all,

My C220 CDI 54 plate has had the Glow plug relay replaced, glow plugs replaced and my EGR valve replaced with new genuine parts, yet the car is still occasionally misfiring? The fuel injectors have all being pressure tested etc., and all test OK. STAR diagnostics reports no faults or errors. The fuel pressure regulator has also been replaced with a known working one and still there is a problem somewhere and my independant Mercedes mechanic with over 20 years experience of working on these cars is baffled as to what the problem might be and is currently consulting Mercedes direct for an answer.

Does anyone on here have any ideas or has this happened to them?

Regards,
Steve.

After lengthy tests and a number of parts swapped and changed for fault finding it would appear that the fuel rail is at fault despite STAR reporting no errors. The Indy mechanics have replaced the fuel rail and report that everything now appears normal. They are currently testing it and hopefully I will get the car back tomorrow.

Does anyone know how much a new one?

Steve.

£500 you would want to gaurentee it's that ��

Spoke to them today and the car has not failed to start since replacing with a donor one, starts perfect every time and runs like a dream. New ones are expensive so may have to source a good second-hand one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom